Colchester Grammar Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Green Fingers

Colchester Grammar Schools

Post by Green Fingers »

Congratulations to everyone who has obtained a place at either CRGS or CCHS!!!! I'm sure you will be very happy there!

I have a son in yr 11 at CRGS and a daughter in yr 7 at CCHS so would be only too pleased to answer any questions on either school.
suffolkparentCRGS

Re: Colchester Grammar Schools

Post by suffolkparentCRGS »

Green Fingers wrote:Congratulations to everyone who has obtained a place at either CRGS or CCHS!!!! I'm sure you will be very happy there!

I have a son in yr 11 at CRGS and a daughter in yr 7 at CCHS so would be only too pleased to answer any questions on either school.
I also have a daughter in year 11+ at CCHS and a son who has just been offered a place at CRGS. Do you find that the two schools differ much, they seem very different when we looked around CRGS, but its very difficult to tell on an Open Evening. Also are there any main sports at the Grammar, my son plays, football and Rugby currently. Also any other tips either you or your son feel are relavant would be greatlfully appreciated. I hope your daughter has enjoyed her first year at CCHS, mine has loved ever minute of it and is staying on for the 6th form too.
SpellingB

Post by SpellingB »

Green Fingers

Post by Green Fingers »

Congratulations on achieving a place!! I know he'll love it. When my son started in 2003, he was the only boy from his school to pass but still made lots of friends on the induction day (which is in July). Sport features very highly at CRGS and they encourage the boys to take part as much as possible. There are lots of other clubs and societies if you're particularly sporty.

My son took part in a national chemistry competion as part of a team of 4 and they won, he's also been to Essex university for a law competion and CRGS won again, so there's something for everyone. Can't think of any special tips except not to buy the school jumper, (if it's still part of the uniform) as it's thought to be too hot.

Would say CRGS is slightly more formal than CCHS but that may be because boys need more structure than girls!!!! Homework is about the same. DD loves it and wouldn't want to go anywhwere else.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now