SHSB

Post by tami »

not much feedback for SHSB :shock:
WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE OUT THERE AND COMPARE SCORES PLEASE :wink:
Tami
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Hi Tami

My son's in year 7 at SHSB and absolutely loving it! If you want to know anything - let me know.

Shrimpergarry
tami

Post by tami »

hi there , shrimpergarry
we have already met from last years forum my DS1 is also in yr7 at SHSB (7ea3)
DS 2 has gained a place at whsb and I just wanted to compare his score of 331,16 with any boys who have gained out of borough places for SHSB, but in contrast to last year the successful SHSB applicants are quiet :shock:
Tami
Silver29

Post by Silver29 »

Tami, I have heard of one boy who will not be accepting his SHSB place. You will be able to find out where you are on the list from Monday. It sounds like he must be very close!! Good luck.

Am I right in thinking you chose SHSB over WHSB? I have all these decisions to make next year for my son.
tami

Post by tami »

yes :lol: only because DS1 is at SHSB yr 7 and loves it!
DS2 WAS 114 on the offers list for shsb which was higher preference than whsb
hopefully because he has a sibling at shsb that should help, either way WHSb is a great school too :wink:
Tami
Bwinkie

Post by Bwinkie »

I was under the impression that having a sibling at a school already didn't have any influence if entry was through the 11+?
Bwinkie
tami

Post by tami »

I think it can influence waiting lists after intial offers but not too sure either :oops:
Tami
Proud Mum

Post by Proud Mum »

Hi Tami,

My son will be taking up a place at SHSB - we are from the Billericay area and would love to contact other out of area boys.
tami

Post by tami »

:lol: congratulations on your son gaining a place, our son was the first from his school to get a place and loves it there!!
don't worry to about your son not knowing an one shsb produces an out of out of borough list with the names and addresses of other families in the new yr7 intake that's with there permission.
they also to there credit hold a specail coffee/tea morning for the out of borough boys and parents to meet and this is a real ice breaker and you get to meet parents from nearby areas as yourselves and possible make travel arrangement summer meet ups etc .We did that had a good network built up before DS stared school. :D
hope this helps
if you don't mind what was his standardised score?
Tami
Proud Mum

Post by Proud Mum »

Hi,

My son's standardised score was 338.24.

There is one other boy from his school going, so he is fine about that. Glad to hear your son loves it at SHSB!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now