SHSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NR

NR

Post by NR »

THANKS FOR THE REPLY

IF YOU FIND WHERE YOU HAD SEEN IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW.I DID WRITE IT DOWN BUT WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN IT IS.

I AM TAKING MY DAUGHTER TOMORROW(WHICH MEANS TAKE A DAY OFF SCHOOL) BUT NEED TO CHECK IT OUT TO BE CERTAIN MY DAUGHTER IS HAPPY WITH IT. IT MEANS 1 HOUR JOURNEY BY CAR.

I DID CONTACT THE SCHOOL BUT THEY WERE NOT REALLY SURE.
MIXED EMOTIONS AT THE MOMENT.MAYBE DUE TO WANTING CCHS
mel25

Post by mel25 »

i can understand your concerns, it is a long way, but surely cchs is just as far??
we didn't even try for cchs as i knew my daughter would struggle (i went there myself) so we very happy with southend. did you go to the open day? i was vey impressed, seemed a very friendly school with a more relaxed attitude than cchs, which i found very academic.
NR

Post by NR »

Really, interesting..
No i didn't attend the open day to any of the essex schools.i found the dates for july... Friday 4th July is the days for the girls to attend the school. Also parents evening is Wednesday 18th June. Hope this helps.

Happy to hear that your daughter is excited as so is mine regardless what i feel about transport. You should get the booklet explaining the important information soon.

I know my daughter worked really hard for these exams and i shouldn't be fussy.

haw far is the school from where you live?
mel25

Post by mel25 »

thanks for those dates
by car we're about 30-45 minutes depending on traffic, but the bus leaves about 7.30, so realistically we'll have to leave home at 7.10 to get her there in time. it will be a long day, she doesn't get up till 7 now!
Azzurri

Post by Azzurri »

NR,
I've heard there's a c2c train service which operates from Barking and upminster but I'm not familiar with the route.Perhaps others who have heard of this service can shed more light on it's timetable,lenght of journey etc..
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

Train leaves from Barking to Southend at 7:14am, from Upminster, it leaves at 7:23am.

Check link below

http://www.c2c-online.co.uk/tickets_tim ... _timetable
SHSG Mum

Post by SHSG Mum »

You can walk to the school from Southend East or Thorpe Bay. Coming from London Southend East is first so would probably be your best option. I haven't done the walk myself, but it would probably take about 15-20 mins?
NR

Post by NR »

thanks to you all for your help on this.
shsg mum its good that you've logged on as im sure other parents are in the same bout as me.
tami

Post by tami »

dear all, was in the exact same position as yourselves last year.
I'm the frantic parent who was trying to arrange a coach/ taxi/ bus to the southend grammers LAST YEAR!!!!!
Now one year on i'm older and wiser :D
DS catches the c2c from barking at 7.14am his friends get on from upminister off at southend central short bus ride and at school by 8.00am
He is home in the eveing at about 4.35pm :lol:
The c2c service has been excellent only one day of delays due to vandalism on the line a couple of weeks ago, because the children had exchanged numbers etc knd parents just volunteered and drove down.
many of the clubs are at lunch time, the school matches are on the weekend.
Most of the children travelling down to SHSB, SHSG,WHSB<WHSG all use to C2c.
I'm only to pleased to answer any more queries if that's any more help
Tami
clr

billericay to SHSG

Post by clr »

mel25 wrote:my daughter is going to southend too and i would love to chat with any other parents from the billericay area. I really don't know how we are going to get her there at this point, and would be interested to hear from other parents in the same predicament.
Having said that we are over the moon that she has been offered a place, and will overcome the travel issue somehow!
Hi, I'm mum of daughter from Billericay going to SHSG. If you get in touch with me it would be great if girls could meet before starting. Will be using train to southend. Loads of girls from billericay do it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now