SHSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NR

Post by NR »

Could anyone advice me how shsb stands on the league tables compared to other girls grammer schools?

shsg mum how do you and your daughter find the work load? does she get a lot of homework and how often everyday?

Do girls in year 7 go swimming i have heard that the school has tennis courts.
SHSG Mum

Post by SHSG Mum »

Hi NR

My daughter hasn't started yet, she is due to go in September. I live locally and the word on the playground seems to be that SHSG has had more in catchment applications than WHSG in recent years. Both schools however are excellent and achieve very similar results. I would have been happy with either school and in fact we spent a long time deliberating which one to put first. In the end we chose SHSG as my daughter knows more people there and found the atmosphere in the school to be more friendly. I was biased being an old WHSG myself!

A friend whose daughter is in yr8 gets around 1 - 1 1/2 hours per night, but seems to cope with it really well. She enjoys the school and is very happy there as are all the girls we know who attend the school.
NR

Post by NR »

Where would be the best place to buy school uniform for this school.Do girls go swimming in year 7?

Are any parents who will have girls going from Gants Hill to shsg?
worriedmum

Day trip to SHSG

Post by worriedmum »

Dear Parents

My daughter will be joining shsg in september. As time is approching to buying school uniform, travel arrangements and much more I would like to organise a day where parents and their daughters would like to meet on a weekend(sat/Sun) where we could travel by train/Bus to get the girls to have a little practice.

I am also aware that we will be meeting sometime in July for the parents evening however thats still some time away.

Any thoughts or ideas welcome.

Worriedmum :wink:
SHSG Mum

Post by SHSG Mum »

There is a lovely park not too far from the school. Probably about 20 minutes walk. It's called Southchurch Park and is near the seafront. There is a cafe near the boating lake which would make quite a good meeting place.
mel25

Post by mel25 »

i think the billericay mums are trying to organise a practise run on the train, is there any news on this?
clr

SHSG

Post by clr »

Just wondered if there was anyone from the Billericay area, with daughters starting at SHSG this September (09).

My daughter is currently in year 7, and I can remember how horrible it was worrying about the travel, meeting new friends etc. If anyone is in that position and wants any advice please feel free to ask.
moved

Post by moved »

Regarding your train issue, if you take the C2C Thorpe Bay Station is a very easy walk. Only about 10 mins. My son goes the other way, I take him to Southend Central and then he changes at Shenfield and goes to KEGS. I was worried about the journey, but he enjoys the social time with his friends. With walking and driving time it takes him just over an hour. Leaving at 7.15 and getting home at 5pm. It is a long day, but he doesn't seem to mind.

Hope this helps allay your fears, I'm sending my daughter on the same route in September.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now