Importance of SATS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Lulu

Importance of Yr 6 SATS to CCHS

Post by Lulu »

My DD has been allocated a place at CCHS (thank Goodness).
However, my next panic is over her forthcoming SATS tests. I personally think they have all worked hard enough and I am not keen for her to put in any extra effort for her SATS but will the SATS results be important to her new school?

Does anyone have any experience?

Lulu
Bev Bee

Post by Bev Bee »

Hi Lulu

I decided that my daughter had done enough so I let the school prepare her for the SATs (as they should) and as they were so unsupportive of her doing the 11+ it made me more determined to let them deal with it! Anyway, when her SATs results came through the school said she only got a 4A for science. 2 days later, I got a letter from the school apologising and saying that there had been a computer error and she had actually got a 5 in science. I rang CCHS to tell them that they might get an incorrect result for her but I would send the letter confirming the level 5 for science. They said not to worry about sending anything as they do not look at the SATs results and in fact don't receive them from all the schools anyway. They said if they do receive anything, all they do is put it on the childs file but it is not recorded anywhere or looked at by the school. Sorry to make this so long winded but I thought I would put your mind at rest!
Lulu

Post by Lulu »

Thanks Bev Bee you have put my mind at rest.

I'll let her current school prepare her as they see fit (I suspect it will not be very hard especially for those children who will most likely get the 5's) and try and stay calm and just look forward to CCHS in September!

Lulu
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now