Southend Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest6

Southend Girls

Post by Guest6 »

Anyone outside catchment willing to say what their daughter scored this year to get a place at this school. Heard that around 320 was required last year.

Re: Southend Girls

Post by Guest »

Guest6 wrote:Anyone outside catchment willing to say what their daughter scored this year to get a place at this school. Heard that around 320 was required last year.
We are outside the catchment area. My daughter is not going to Southend as she got a place at Chelsmford County High, but I did put it down as third on the list so I know where she came. She came 30th for Southend and her score was 350. It is probably not much different to last year in terms of the score you need - 320 - although it could have been less this year? I know the cut off for CCHS was lower than last year (this year around 420 and last year around 517) so harder to get in - that might also be the case for Southend (especially if you are outside the catchment area). In terms of my daughters school, none of her friends, apart from one who is going to Westcliff, got offered a place. Hope this helps.
Guest6

Southend Girls

Post by Guest6 »

Many thanks for that. Good luck to your daughter.
PEACHYS

Southend Girls

Post by PEACHYS »

My daughter got Standardised score of 344 and came 44th at Southend

But we placed Wescliff as our first priority so she got given a place there.

We are out of catchment and the drive is a bout 30 mins on a good run.

Hope this helps. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now