Standardised scores??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JA75

Standardised scores??

Post by JA75 »

Does anyone know if they standardise scores for the 11+ in Essex regarding the childrens date of births? e.g kids may get a better result if born later in the year (although not sure exactly how it works, maybe someone could explain this to me too) And if they do standardise scores how does it all work?
Karen

Post by Karen »

No. It is not standardised for age in Essex.
JA75

Post by JA75 »

Thankyou for your speedy reply Karen, thats good to know. :)
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

JA75 - Redbridge is also in Essex, but 11plus in Redbridge does have standardized scores.

Post by Guest »

Bo Peep wrote:JA75 - Redbridge is also in Essex, but 11plus in Redbridge does have standardized scores.
Redbridge comes under the London Borough of Redbridge. A diferent LEA to Essex and Southend.
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

Of course Guest, you are right, but there isn't a Redbridge section on this site so most people (like myself) from Redbridge tend to flit in and out of all areas in the forum and Essex is the closest to home...because we do live in Essex.

Was only mentioning it in case.

When I was new to 11plus I didn't even realise that the test would vary from place to place, and if I had I would have assumed (wrongly) that having an essex address would mean we would be doing the essex paper. :oops:
feimala

Post by feimala »

Am I correct in thinking that this has now changed and Essex scores are standardised according to date of birth?
KB

Post by KB »

No, not last year at least. To be absolutely sure you could contact CSSE. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now