Admission forms

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
T.i.p.s.y

Admission forms

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I am planning to sit DS for CRGS in November and I was wondering how the admissions process works. I've noticed members DC have been told their positions on more than one school. Questions:

Is that the schools they put on the admission forms and if they get high scores does that mean they are entitled to a place at all of the schools on the admission form and its up for the parent to choose?

If I put CRGS as our top choice but he didn't get in but his score was sufficient to get into one of the other schools would he automatically have a place there?

If I only put one school on the admission form but his score is high enough to pass into the others can he still go to the other schools?

Any advice much appreciated! :D
essex-mum18

Post by essex-mum18 »

Hi, Tipsy

The following thread which was posted last week may be useful to you

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=9590
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Thanks essex-mum. I think I understand it! :)
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

Is that the schools they put on the admission forms and if they get high scores does that mean they are entitled to a place at all of the schools on the admission form and its up for the parent to choose?

You get 'ranked' for every school you put on your admission form, whether allocated or not. If you put a 'harder to get into' school second, and gain the required mark, it doesn';t count, as you will have already gained a place at your first choice school. The only reason I can see that some people put schools like KEGS second place after, say, Westcliff, is to see where abouts on the KEGS list their child would have come; they won't get a place there.

If I put CRGS as our top choice but he didn't get in but his score was sufficient to get into one of the other schools would he automatically have a place there?

Only if you've named one of these other schools on the admissions form. The LEA will work down your list until the mark your son achieved gets him into a school, starting with your first choice.

If I only put one school on the admission form but his score is high enough to pass into the others can he still go to the other schools?

No

HTH

rachel
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

That's great! So I'll stick CRGS 1st and then look into the rest. :D
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

That's the ticket! :D
Dolly19

Post by Dolly19 »

Gosh TIPSY, didn't realise you were an Essex girl!
moved

Post by moved »

Hi Tipsy

One thing you may like to know, the scores required for the Essex schools vary by popularity.

KEGS - highest scores, due to very good school in central location
CRGS - next highest, excellent school, slightly out on a limb
Westcliff and Southend, - double scoring system - in and out of Southend, lower scores required than either of the other two and even lower scores if you live or are educated in Borough of Southend.

In reality this means that if you put CRGS first, you would be accepted if you scored high enough, but if you didn't this would most likely rule out KEGS as well.

Hope this is clearer than mud!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now