HSFG from Malvern/Ledbury/Newent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

varsity1

HSFG from Malvern/Ledbury/Newent

Post by varsity1 »

Has anyone else got a daughter starting at HSFG this Sept and will be travelling from the Malvern/Ledbury area?
We are looking at driving to Newent to catch the bus from there unless anyone knows of another solution!
It would be great to hear from anyone whose daughter will be travelling on the 07.22 Newent bus.
Many thanks.
RedVelvet

Re: HSFG from Malvern/Ledbury/Newent

Post by RedVelvet »

Have you asked the school? They may be able to help you out, Tommies have helped parents get in contact with each other.
varsity1

Post by varsity1 »

Thank you yes - I have emailed them and given my permission for my contact detail to be shared with anyone else who is making this journey. Fingers crossed!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Gosh that will be a long day, won't it? About what, 40 mins (?) from Malvern to Newent and then a bus at 722. I hadn't realised the schools in Malvern were so bad - are they really?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Amber wrote:Gosh that will be a long day, won't it? About what, 40 mins (?) from Malvern to Newent and then a bus at 722. I hadn't realised the schools in Malvern were so bad - are they really?
One would assume that Ledbury schools are even worse - according to the link from the school site, the 132 seems to start from there at 0609?? I assume that these are not school buses as such, just the run on that service which gets people to the relevant bus stop before registration?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
varsity1

Post by varsity1 »

We have been used to a long day and a commute to school for years so no problem there.
Nothing wrong with Malvern Schools at all - my daughter is thrilled to have got in to HSFG
and can't wait for September.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

varsity1 wrote:We have been used to a long day and a commute to school for years so no problem there.
Nothing wrong with Malvern Schools at all - my daughter is thrilled to have got in to HSFG
and can't wait for September.
I'm just boggling at the concept of getting a child up and out of the house at that time of the morning, really :lol: . I used to leave for work well before 7am but find trying to get DD to get herself out of the house for a train leaving at 8.02 (we live just under 5 minutes' walk from the station) often defeats me :roll: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

:shock:

Thought I'd deleted that rogue copied post :lol:
Last edited by ToadMum on Fri May 29, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
techiedad

Post by techiedad »

My daughter starts HSFG in Sept and we're out your way, kind of - Staunton & Corse.

Still weighing up transport options but it'll probably involve the 351 bus, as that comes through the village and stops at the end of Denmark Road on the way home. My wife works the other side of Glos 3 days a week so maybe dropping daughter in on those days.

Drop me a PM and we'll see if we can work something out :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now