All over now

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

Milla

five years ago my oldest son took the eleven plus. He came out and told us only about two questions, both wrong. In addition he had not finished the second paper and he told us that he had to guess at least six at the end.

I felt very low when he said all this and yet he passed (for Pates and Marling) and is now doing well at Grammar School.
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh bless you both!!

I didn't even get onto the guessed ones in my recap. Well, there's only so much nonsense you want to read.
When I'd dealt with the panic of the (non-existent) mice and the Other Two (which can't yet be named but are branded on my brain; the bruise of their mantra will remain there a bad long time), I asked about guesses.
"1 or 2 on each paper," he said.
"Is that 11 or 12 on each paper?" I said, zooming to worst scenario possible.
"No," he said, adopting a familiar puzzled reaction; stupid old mother, "I said one or two."

I am taking cruel comfort (and this is how horrid I am, forget your level playing fields - hangs head in shame) in 2 of his chums guessing the last half dozen each.

Blimey, no one told you what it does to you, to the small, dark, nasty corners of your soul!
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

I am doomed!!!!!!! :twisted: ****'s fire awaits!!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Yep this next two weeks are still the toughest me feels.

If they came out having struggled you will worry :roll: .
If they came out happy you will still worry :roll: .
Even if you feel confident :D you still want those results because the fall will be further and harder than above :( .

Basically we couldn't sit it for them so we actually know nothing and have to just sit it out.

Could be worse though we could be waiting months like they had to in previous years and still do in some areas I believe.
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

My son's friend had to guess ten questions quickly at the end of the second paper.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Thing is that could be bad because he could have guessed 10 wrong.

It could be fine if he guessed most right.

It could also mean he worked diligently through the rest of the paper ensuring less careless mistakes so ultimately good.

There is no second guessing what has happened. I just hope that they come on the 20th as one extra day just prolongs the agony.
Milla

Post by Milla »

Husband getting slightly irritable now.
When I met up with friend at Remembrance service thing in village he made the (totally unecessary) comment that "endless post-mortems" were pointless. YES! and when has that ever mattered?? Am still fully capable of giving self grief for missing out Robert Peel repealing the Corn Laws in my history O level. When did practicalities ever come into it!!!
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

HAHAHA, we are both in the same boat. I was having a strop at hubby for not 'caring' as he happily sat on the PC listening to some boxing match while I went into meltdown about DS1's papers. Ended when I accused him of not giving a damn to which he replied "What's done, is done. There is no changing it now. So go to bed"

I did ..seething!! :x
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

My husband would probably say the same. It is only on this forum that I meet people who are as interested in this as I am.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

.... spent my entire life avoiding any post mortum of papers as well aware that Robert Peel and the corn laws would be just the tip of a very big iceberg in my case.

DS1 obviously cut from the same cloth so only one scary revelation last year which thankfully proved to be true.

DS2 far more forth coming and now thinking it may be wise to invest in a set of ear plugs to protect my sanity.
:lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now