All over now

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
proudaspunch

Post by proudaspunch »

Thankyou so much for this forum !!!!! Being able to read what other like minded mum's are experiencing has helped me immensely to realise i'm not alone !!!!!! :D

my dc took the test at shs on saturday , came out pleased with herself having found the first paper tougher , she didn't finish paper one but found second paper easy :lol: so who knows , 2weeks and counting !!!!

It's lovely to know i'm not alone in this waiting game so thankyou again :P :P :P :P
Ruby Tuesday

Post by Ruby Tuesday »

I share the worries of everyone whose DCs seem to have found the test fairly straight forward. I'm sure this ought to be a good thing because I wouldn't want to see floods of tears either but am wondering if my son whizzed through it just to get back and spend an entire afternoon on the Playstation that he has hardly seen recently?
I feel this may be the longest two weeks of my life and realise last week was not a good time to order in wine for Christmas!
MOOSHOO15

Post by MOOSHOO15 »

I've been reading this forum for a year now and found it immensely helpful last year when my DD1 sat the test at Pates. She had been doing really well on all the practice papers and we went into the test feeling fairly confident. She completed the first paper OK. She didn't visit the toilet during the break between papers and consequently she was the child who had to go out mid way through the second paper. She only completely 60 questions on the second paper and reckoned that she had guessed about 5 out of those 60 questions.. The two-week wait for the results was absolute torture, but don't be disheartened (I think it is a feeling of anticlimax that hits you in the couple of days following) - my DD1 is now at Denmark Road and loves every minute of it. Now it's my turn to look forwards to doing it all over again next year with DD2.
proudaspunch

Post by proudaspunch »

my daughter got to 69 on paper 1 and finished paper 2 does this mean she has a chance ????
capers123

Post by capers123 »

proudaspunch wrote:my daughter got to 69 on paper 1 and finished paper 2 does this mean she has a chance ????
If she got all the answers correct, she'd be in for sure.

But I know that missing out quite a few questions isn't a problem, so I'd say she has a good chance.
Capers
Milla

Post by Milla »

so Capers, you're saying that you can get 11 effectively wrong (or not done) and still get in - what? at Tommy's / Denmark Road sort of level.

Red, so exactly what I'm like!! the endless second guessing. The certainty that all the other children got ALL their questions right and didn't fall into any of the traps mine did.

Having said that, I am still at acceptance on the spectrum. People keep saying, "oh it's only a 2 week wait" and I inwardly scream, "yes, but that means we're currently standing at 240 hours (or whatever)"!!

As with Ruby, yet again, this is so not the time to contemplate giving up wine.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I do remember from last year that the second week seemed to go faster. I think for the next DSs I'll book a two week cruise or something.
Don't care whether it gets authorised or not.
Ruby Tuesday

Post by Ruby Tuesday »

Surely nobody could cope with the stress of packing and waiting for results???
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

mmmmh hadn't thought of that one.

We will just have to travel light and make sure we are heading off somewhere hot. That said they are all boys so will happily wear the same clothes for two weeks.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now