Ribston scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Cdcd

Ribston scores

Post by Cdcd »

Hi All - does anyone know of a situation where 215 (pass mark 210) hasn't been enough to get a place at Ribston?
stressedoutmummy

Re: Ribston scores

Post by stressedoutmummy »

Amanda Chong, the Head of Ribson, said on the open evening that for the past three years everyone who's put Ribston as first choice has gotten a place. Very encouraging, I'd say. :D
Cdcd

Post by Cdcd »

Thanks 'stressedoutmummy'. It seems so confusing and while we will put Ribston as first choice I am so cautious about letting my DD get too carried away just in case she hasn't done enough. Would be so cruel to have achieved the required score but not get a place!
stressedoutmummy

Post by stressedoutmummy »

From the feedback I'm getting back, it was an extremely tough exam this year and many girls haven't passed. I think if you're over 210 for Ribston, then that's a good job. Know exactly what you mean about not wanting the raise hopes though. Best of luck!
icechip

Post by icechip »

Hi All, we're in the same situation, DD2 got a score of 217 for Ribston, which was a huge relief, as she only completed 75% of the 1st paper, and had to be taken out a few minutes early as she was in tears.

Already have DD1 at Ribston ( who suprisingly has been the only voice of reason during this whole saga), yes I've heard on a number of occasions that Ribston has not had a full year 7 intake for the last few years, however knowing my luck this year will be different. Talking to a number of parents Ribston seems to be the prefered chose this year. It was also a worry that DD1 came home from school saying that of those who passed most all got higher scores ( in the 230's) than her . HELP !...... March seem such a long time away .
Cdcd

Post by Cdcd »

I agree - I have heard lots of high scores from girls. We live over in Cheltenham but people over here still seem to be looking at Ribston. Have you spoken to the school yet to get some insight into chances at 217?
icechip

Post by icechip »

No haven't contacted Ribston yet, was going to wait until after the CAF deadline, when they know how many DD's have put Ribston down as 1st preference.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now