Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: CAF
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:38 pm 

Did anyone else have a sick feeling at around 6pm (once too late) that they might have forgotten to do the CAF? I did. Scurried back just now and rifled through the sent items and PHEW. All done. Trouble is that with all the thinking it would have been horrifyingly easy to forget to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:41 pm 

I phoned to check they had received it even though we had a print out to confirm that we had. They were very accomodating and didnt make me feel like I was the only mad mother around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:15 pm 

I'll be ringing on Monday now my OCD has been triggered by just the thought of the possibility of anything and everything going wrong :? :oops: :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:42 pm 

EmeraldE wrote:
I'll be ringing on Monday now my OCD has been triggered by just the thought of the possibility of anything and everything going wrong :? :oops: :x

I'd recommend doing so. I put my CAF for Lancashire in online, I recieved the confirmation email, then a week after the deadline I got a phone call from someone at the education office saying they had never received it :shock: I had to forward all my info and a copy of the online receipt and they found it, it had gone in the OOA section for some unknown reason :? It did get sorted, but it took a couple of weeks, and a lot of stress :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:36 pm 

None of you are mad at all I phoned Kent three times to make sure they had got my form 'cos I didn't believe them!!! I think that they might have seen through my excuses by the end !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:57 pm 

I have done mine online. I hope they don't get it wrong. Is it Glos County Council we ring? I have checked it again online and it is ok. I am embarrassed to ring. I am sure they know my accent!! Wonder how my Gloooooossterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is coming on?? I really must attend the rugger more often!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:51 am 

Last year I did check on line to make sure that it was there after the closing date (having printed off a copy before the date). As it was there, I was satisfied that all was OK, so didn't 'phone up admissions. After all, if it were to disappear after that, then it would be likely that all data would disappear, at which point they'd have to start looking for the backup tapes.

If you've got a print out with the correct data on, yet somehow Shire Hall lost the application, then you'd be allocated a place you didn't want come March. All you would have to do is send the print-out to Shire Hall as proof that they had made an error. They should then allocate you a place at the school you should have been given a place at, irrespective of if that takes them over the PAN/IAN (not sure if this applies for KS1 places).

So don't panic!