School Closures

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

Does anybody know the outlook for tomorrow? My oldest son, at Marling, has a GCSE tomorrow.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Just seen local news-no further snow predicted but fog and below zero temps will make the roads hazardous.

On a brighter note-rain predicted for Saturday with temp of 10 degrees so at least the thaw will have started!
Milla

Post by Milla »

remote learning??? :shock: this is all news to me.
Absolutely the best ploy to make the most of it. Off to lidl and aldi to buy skiing gear as are going in a couple of weeks. The timing couldn't be much worse :? :cry:
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Still snowing here keep thinking it has stopped when back it comes. Fairly heavy at the mo.

Just think Milla, if this weather becomes a permenant fixture we can ski every weekend and holiday, save a fortune and not have to face the dreaded unauthorised :) .
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh, if only.
Still snowing here, though the BBC website claims we're getting "sleet" today.
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

Our school closed all of last week and Wednesday this week. that is great but I still have to get to my horse 8 miles away up and down steep hills or she starves. My friend walked and it took her 6 hours there and back. My partner still needs to get to work 30 odd miles away, he was walking the last mile and a half home each day. If we can do that surely they can get to school, if teachers cannot get to their school could they not get to the nearest, we can do swoppses and keep it all going.