Removed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Tolstoy - often it is a touch on the public side - partic if they are in the main hall. if you have specific concerns I reckon they are best dealt with by seeing the teacher at anothe time if you can
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

A couple of our classes had two teachers using the room + parents of course!

We were told if there was anything in depth or pviate which needed discussing to make a separate appointment - perhaps you might want to take this option if it's open to you?
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

The separate appointment thing sounds quite good and would be what I want, preferably on that same night though as I will have child care sorted.

In fact I would find that one private appointment more constuctive than dozens of airy fairy appointments saying stuff I already know :roll:

Oh well will just have to wait and see.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Agreed - I reckon you should never get any surprises at a "standard" parents evening ... unless they are nice surprises of course
Milla

Post by Milla »

Tolstoy, the majority are in form rooms with a shut door (and a mob outside muttering, "well, we're at 6.20...") try to ensure DS1 rigs a timetable with 5 mins between each meeting - 5, 5.10. 5.20 etc. The form is set out with coloured lines to encourage the children to do this - opting for white slots or shaded slots (when you see it, it'll make sense). We had 2 this year in public and rushed one through like mad when Mr and Mrs Competitive queued up, ears at the pitch, behind us.

BUT, I have found Tommy's abs fab at feedback. If there's anything you want to discuss, you phone them up and they will respond, usually that very day and in full. I have been so impressed by this. Also, even when you hear the odd thing you'd rather not (in our case generally: "focus," "concentration" (lack of) and "line" (remember to stay which side of)) it chimes a bell. E-mail me for anything more specific, but I hope you'll find it overall as positive as we did (and we're not talking about a top of the class child here!)
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]