The Countdown

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Tolstoy wrote:Capers, do you know what percentage got their first choice last year?
I'm afraid I can't remember. I probably took note of it at the time, but once the schools were allocated, forgot it as it no longer had relevance.
Capers
cairo

Post by cairo »

Tolstoy - Can't find anything on %s in 2009, but in 2008 86% of children got their first preference (although presumably that's after appeals etc.)

We are also in the Twilight Zone, so thinking of you....It's been a very long wait hasn't it? My guess is that DS won't be offered Tommys, but is v.likely to get Crypt. Personally I really like Crypt so am not too fussed either way, but DS really took to Tommys. So when the letter comes I'll be guided by him as to whether he'd like me to appeal or not. We've not spoken about it at all for months, so who knows?

Good Luck to everyone who is waiting anxiously!
susiesue

Post by susiesue »

neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

WOW - up so early and so glittery! This time next week we may all be awake early wondering what the day brings!
I have strayed from the Kent site. Actually straying to lots of sites just to see how everyone is feeling!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Personally I really like Crypt so am not too fussed either way, but DS really took to Tommys. So when the letter comes I'll be guided by him as to whether he'd like me to appeal or not. We've not spoken about it at all for months, so who knows?
When I looked around for DS1 I found it hard to decide between the two. I preferred Tommy's for Maths , Science and the pool. However I was extremely impressed with the English department at Crypt, the grounds and the two boys who showed us around sold it very well.

DS1 wanted Tommy's but would have happily gone to Crypt. This year I really need the two boys in the same school for practical reasons and right from the start I have felt that Tommy's was the most appropriate school for DS2's personality. He will cope better with the shorter lessons. Typical really. Last year wouldn't have cared if I was in twilight zone but wasn't this year when I needed the certainty hey ho into it we go :roll: .

Goodluck anyway :)
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

I am sure having a sibling at Tommy's will have helped your case for this application.

There was a sibling box to tick, wasn't there, so it must be part of their thinking process.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Unfortunately not. CC controlled selective schools are not alllowed to use the sibling criterea :evil:.

The Crypt does though another irritation that we got it wrong last year :roll:
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

susiesue wrote:Image
I popped on to update the countdown but have to say, this has surpassed anything I could have done...well done susiesue!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
susiesue

Post by susiesue »

Thanks Burneth.

Image.....not long left
Milla

Post by Milla »

SusieSue, you star. You have a job for, well, if not life (steady on, this is the 21st century, after all) then for five more days. :lol:
Tolstoy!! Never say never. Your DDDS PASSED let's not forget. He passed. It ain't over yet. Courage, mon ami.
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]