When do the Headteachers find out allocation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

slackmum

When do the Headteachers find out allocation

Post by slackmum »

Is it true that Headteachers already know which school OUR children have been allocated and if so what could be the justification for this?

I really hate the idea that anyone knows the result before me and my DS.
White Knight

Post by White Knight »

Yes.

Schools, Headteachers/SMT/school scretaries know before parents. They probably know already

Next Monday morning school secretaries in particular will be inundated with phone calls from parents with a myriad of questions. The schools need to know who has been allocated places, and who hasn't, beforehand in order to administer the phonecalls/visits effectively.

The schools' admin team, of course, knew a long time ago!!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

It may be true that the secondary schools know already (it wouldn't surprise me, but I don't know for certain). However, according to a (very) honest teacher, the primary schools don't get to know until the same time as the parents.

This was not the case up until about 3 years ago, when the primary head may have known a day or two in advance.

Capers
Capers
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Just been talking to DS2's head and am fairly certain he hasn't heard anything. Did say DSs books are looking good though, phew.

That said, have realised I have arranged a meeting with him on Tuesday forgetting that I will be in a somewhat obsessed state of mind by that point, and he thought I looked stressed today :lol: wait till next week, then he'll recognise the tortured look of stress.
Milla

Post by Milla »

Ours knew sketchy details - ie pass / not pass on The Day back in Nov, but only by about lunchtime, not through the normal channels. Don't know about next week. Will ask the sec.
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
White Knight

Post by White Knight »

I need to clarify my previous post.

I was answering with regard to secondary heads etc. I am unaware of the situation with regard to primary schools.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Primary heads definitely do NOT know where the children have been allocated until the parents find out.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now