HSG/Ribston/SH?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Milk

HSG/Ribston/SH?

Post by Milk »

Anyone with news from any of the girls' grammars?

I vividly remember this time last year. Back then, we were really lucky and got what we wanted: Ribston! But the anxiety of waiting was excrutiating.
langkawilucy

Post by langkawilucy »

We went on line at midnight and found out that our DD had been offered a place at Denmark Road. Her first choice! We are over the moon and so is she. So glad the excrutiating wait is over.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Great news langkawilucy, we were sitting on the same score for Tommy's and have got straight in.
Milla

Post by Milla »

thrilled for you LKLucy! I know that your wait had been a nervous one. Nice that so many are getting good news and commiserations to those who aren't happy with their allocation.
langkawilucy

Post by langkawilucy »

Thanks so much for all your advice. I am so pleased for my DD. Its hard being the younger sister to a bright girl at Pates sometimes no matter how many times you tell them that everyone is very different.
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh tell me about it! My DS1 was sad that DS2 wasn't going to go to Tommy's with him, but I still think that Tommy's is right for him and Pate's will be better for DS2. Fingers crossed!!
arealfarmer

Post by arealfarmer »

Finally got it and we're in - DR that is ! As we ( royal "we " here !! ) were one point below LKLucy I'm pleased for both of us . I was quietly confident :D . So two other places are freed up for RH and SHS from us . Granny was more pleased than anyone - as she went there herself ( possibly a founding pupil :twisted: )

Good luck everyone else .
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Great news realfarmer pleased for you all.
langkawilucy

Post by langkawilucy »

Brilliant news Arealfarmer! I was very not quietly unconfident! x
Milla

Post by Milla »

the twilight zone is an evil place - there should be a side effect of losing a stone effortlessly with the stress but, no, more of a marked increase in the paw sliding towards the chocolate. All my friends who happily just went for the comps just do not get it!!!
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now