next tues at pate's

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Milla

Post by Milla »

Glparent's DD is going. And there must be more!!
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Ticked the box, posted the letter, bought the tie! DD would start tomorrow given half a chance! And Mr Fenton's letter was the icing on the cake for her!

Also I know of three other girls from Chelt def going. From what I understand the split is usually roughly 50/50, although last year a little boy-heavy I think.

Chance to meet up & put forum-names to faces in June - scarily not that far away! :shock:
Sackboy

Post by Sackboy »

I would say in my experience that Pates is pretty boy heavy. Both my sons have approx 18/19 boys per class and 11/12 girls.
Milla

Post by Milla »

well, I went! Of course I went! In the end I just couldn't keep away, although DS2 didn't go.
Not that many there, maybe 20 keenies?? Split between boys and girls. All looked nice. Wanted to ask a couple of ?s which I did and also had a tailor-made tour in that 2 dear boys showed me things I hadn't seen before, nature area (DS2 is a little nature boy) and canteen - still couldn't see it, blocked by an event in the hall but the boys said that the food was good and not expensive.
Asked Admissions Officer about intake - fewer indies this year than normal which surprised me.
In all, was glad I went, all reinforcing stuff.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Milla glad you enjoyed your visit, i still enjoy every visit there even though my eldest is on the verge of leaving!

As for the gender split,both my DC's classes have been even numbers of boys and girls although the boys have been decidedly more unruly! :roll:

It is a fabulous school, our children are lucky to have the chance of such a fantastic education.

Best wishes Proud mumx2
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now