Writing on the ANSWER sheet

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
EmeraldE

Writing on the ANSWER sheet

Post by EmeraldE »

hi Folks
My DS is in the habit of marking down his answers on the answer sheet at the top of the 'answer table' for each code question as he works it out. He then selects the correct answer in the usual way with the bar across the lozenge of the selected answer.
1. Would this be possible in the exam?
2. Is there any way it would cause a marking issue or error?

I understand it is not possible to mark the exam paper itself.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Not sure. Scrap paper is the best bet, but you can always ask for a manual re-mark if the paper may not have been read by the OCR reader correctly. But that may end up needing an appeal!
Capers
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Arggg!! Not willing to do the appeal thing if I don't have to. Think I'll work on his technique instead :lol: I hate this scrap paper thing..wish they could write on the paper. Would be so much easier
Milla

Post by Milla »

I know my boy always used to do that, EE, make small notes on the answer sheet (drove me mad, natch, thinking he'd be exterminated or something by the marking police). Will ask him when he's back from school if he can remember what he did in the tests proper. The ones where you piece together codes and so on, and sort of record the info as you go?
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Thats right Milla. My DS is making sure he gets the right code for the right question. PLus it allows him to see immediately if there are any he can rule out. I would be a bit afraid of him doing that on the day incase of some kind of marking issue but if others have done it he might get away with it.