new pupil info on Pates entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ciren mum

new pupil info on Pates entry

Post by ciren mum »

If you go on Pates website (admissions) there is a load of info/forms etc for us new parents/pupils. I guess we will get a letter telling us about it being there. I saw it by accident when looking for something else.
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

Thank you for directing me to this, gives me more time to start saving for the uniform etc - bankruptcy here I come!
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Great - thanks for tip! Feel I should be starting to get stuff ready but not sure where to start :shock:! Off to have a look now!
Milla

Post by Milla »

You should be sent an e-mail, too, with info! (basically just sending you to the website, but still exciting for the easily excited!) I received one today.
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Ooo-ooo - easily excited here also! :oops: Yippeeee!
Just have to figure bizarre sizing for girls PE kit now - oh, the worries! :lol:
Pushkin

Post by Pushkin »

What alot of info.... What does anyone know about gum shields? Worth going for the opro fitted ones? Do most kids have the optional kukri stuff?
Uniform list - what is a regulation pattern shirt - just a plain white shirt? Short sleeved shirts can be worn in Summer kind of implies that long sleeved have to be worn in Winter - but it doesn't state that - anyone know? What is regulation grey for boys - light or dark? I wish I'd taken more notice when we did the tour!
Pushkin
Milla

Post by Milla »

Yes, all this worsted stuff has got me worried. As far as I can see the boys catching the bus in this village seem to wear black trews. Will have to stare, possibly for legal reasons from behind dark glasses, at their legs with increased interest :shock:
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

I feel we may all be seeking the advice of Mrs R quite soon - soooo many questions about things that appear majorly important and utterly trivial at the same time! :roll:
Beginning to feel slightly inadequate as a parent of GS child! :oops:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Pushkin - dont know about your school specifically but I do know about gumguards!!!! I would definately go for an Opro one - they are quite expensive but they do last and don't go out of shape/rub etc. We have always found the boil and bite ones from the sports shop are nowhere near as good.

Our opro one - school fitted - also comes with the name printed on it - more useful than you would think!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Milla

Post by Milla »

Glparent wrote:I feel we may all be seeking the advice of Mrs R quite soon - soooo many questions about things that appear majorly important and utterly trivial at the same time! :roll:
Beginning to feel slightly inadequate as a parent of GS child! :oops:
Way beyond that. Overawed and well out of my depth.
Mrs R??
It also seems to imply you have to commit to lunch on a weekly or termly basis - won't it depend on lunchtime clubs, on the menu, on a whim?? Much less regimented at Tommy's. Am feeling thick and unable to cope.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now