Ribston

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
malvern

Ribston

Post by malvern »

Couldn't make it to Ribston yesterday - any views from those who did?
mum23*

Re: Ribston

Post by mum23* »

My DD has started at Ribston and she loves it so far and we are impressed too. Very friendly and excellent communication. Great induction and outdoorsy type "bonding" residential for Y7s last week. We chose it over HSFG for our DD2 because she loves dance and music so much (and yes she passed for both ..don't let the x is the best school then y then z thing cloud your judgement) but it depends on what your DD likes to do and what her strengths are. DD1 goes to HSFG and I am happy with it there too.
Milk

Post by Milk »

My dd is in year 8 at Ribston and is really, really happy there! We chose it over Denmark Road, and have not regretted it for a single second - in fact, dd has already decided she wants to do her a-levels at Ribston too. The inclusive and nurturing ethos permeates everything at Ribston, and the headmistress is an integral part of that ethos. Love it!
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

I didn't actually go myself, but DH took DD. Think DH was expecting to find it just like 'every other school' but came away very impressed with caring atmosphere; the happy, polite, children; the approachable Headteacher; the facilities - espec. the art room and dance studio. Thing he liked best was that the children said the teachers were available during breaks etc and were always very happy to help if the kids were struggling with something. He felt there was less pressure on the girls to achieve straight A's, whilst the academic support meant that everyone did their best.

Our local grammar is Stroud High, and if DD passes she will go there, because it is walking distance from our house. However, if she doesn't get Stroud High but does pass for Ribston we will be very happy - she is a dance and drama girl really so other than location, Ribston is probably the best school for her :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now