new papers?? help please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mum23*

new papers?? help please

Post by mum23* »

Reading through some of the threads there seems to be talk of the "new GL" papers being slightly more english/vocab. I have been using papers from a couple of years ago - different ones eg AFN, IPS, Walsh and lately the Letts (GL) with the giraffe on the front which have nferNelson printed on the papers - these are from about 3 years ago when DD1 sat 11+ I also have the pack 2 practice test papers by Susan Daughtrey which say 2006. Looking now at my "giraffe" papers they have 1997 copyright on the back. :shock: Have the papers been revised and do I need to re buy them? I used the ones I have to DIY for last years test and DD2 passed for HSFG and Ribston but now I am worried that I am using out of date material and the tests are going to be different. :? Are these new papers the giraffe pack? sorry if that sounds a bit simple but all the different names confuse me and I find it easy to remember the picture on the front. :oops:

Can anyone help as I have got myself all worried!
Tolstoy

Re: new papers?? help please

Post by Tolstoy »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =3&t=16586

This might help. As you can see Patricia has stuck with her original ones for this year so I wouldn't worry if I were you. They are just the same as any other practice paper really but yes the Letts are the Giraffe pack and it is these that have been updated.
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

Thanks Tolstoy, had a look at the discussion you highlighted (btw...hid hide, fox foxy, bus, ? is the answer busy????) lord I am starting to crack!!!! :roll:

Think I might buy the new set but not worry too much about doing anything new now. Enough is enough!
Milla

Post by Milla »

I would have thought it should be bust, since the others take the next letter in the alphabet... (-de, -xy, -st).
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

oh yes, I couldn't work out why it should be "busy" didn't make sense really. I feel really thick now! :oops: I think now that we have even done that Q before and it didn't confuse me then. I think I need to just STOP now!! x
Milla

Post by Milla »

Step Away From The Papers (and in 96 hours time you can burn them! I mean recycle them in a responsible and caring manner.)
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Maybe we are slightly odd in our household as we are all totally relaxed about Saturday.Ds1 has done nothing since an easy 8) test on Sunday to build his confidence(well he thinks NFER paper C was easy)! He has 1 last fun....revision session with his tutor on Thursday and thats it.He has worked hard and we feel that we have done all we can to support him,it all comes down to his state of mind on the day.
He is looking forward to it at the moment and feels that it will be fun! :shock:
There is still time for this to change though :wink:
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
cheltgirl

Post by cheltgirl »

We've eased off since Sunday. We still talk about a few words each day, but apart from that we're taking it easy.

Frankly, it all depends on how he feels on the day: Is it a doing or dreaming day?

What will be, will be.

I always remind myself that we are lucky with our local comps. If we were in London, people would be falling overthemselves to live near Bournside and Balcarras, which are both light years ahead of most state schools in London.
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

milla thanks :lol:
I have been helping friends DCs and it is worse nerves than with my own, hence my concern that something completely different will come up. Can't do the ceremonial burning as I have to DIY my DS next time!...can't wait for that one :shock:
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I am going to be in that position next year Mum23*. Friends would like the school I have got my sons into for their youngest having experienced the local one with their eldest and it come up seriously wanting. Not in Cheltmums position unfortunately :roll: . Little fearful of the responsibility of it but also looking forward to getting back to the teaching side again. Also need to keep my hand in for when it's DS3's turn
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now