Number of questions on each paper please?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tessiebear

Number of questions on each paper please?

Post by Tessiebear »

I know this has been raised before but having had someone suggest there may be 100 questions on the second paper, can we have confirmation from some of you whose DS's and DD's did it last year please. :?

Is it right that there are 80 questions in 45 mins for the 1st paper and 85 maximum, in 50 mins on the second paper? :)

EmeraldE

Re: Number of questions on each paper please?

Post by EmeraldE »

My DS1 sat last year and there were no more than 80-85 questions on either paper.

Tommies letter this year had no mention of 100 questions on any paper. Pates website is stating:
"There are then two VR (Verbal Reasoning) tests of about 45 minutes with 80 and 85 questions."

I think lots of kids would struggle to complete 100 questions in 50 minutes. Let's hope it is a hideous rumour!
Tessiebear

Post by Tessiebear »

Thanks very much EmeraldE for that. Much relieved! :)

Had felt this would be too much but at this late stage any sort of rumour tends to freak you out when trying to hold it all together and relax!!!!!!! :roll: :D
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Absolutely!!! Although anything is possible it has been suggested that girls were not doing as well as the boys due to timing issues (the boys racing through and finishing and the girls taking more care but missing answers at the end).

If they are trying to redress the male:female pass rate then adding more questions would favour the boys hence widening the gap even further. All of this is, of course, not validated in any way, just the word on the VR gossip grapevine! :D

Keep Calm and Carry On! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now