2010 School / score / rank comparisons

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tessiebear

Re: 2010 School / score / rank comparisons

Post by Tessiebear »

Pates: In top 120 :D :D

HSFG: 1st Test 127 2nd Test 136 Final Score 263

Ribston: 1st Test 128 2nd Test 138 Final Score 266

SHS: Ranked in the top 120

Going to Pates so 3 spaces freed up for HSFG, Ribston and SHS! :D
Alice in Underland

Post by Alice in Underland »

Pates - scored 231 but outside top 160
STR - scored 228. Threshold score for admission is 210.
Crypt - scored 123. Threshold for admission is 107.5
Marling - no score given but qualified for admission and in top 120.

We live in Stroud and he has a sister at SHS so will be going for the Marling place.
Good Luck to whoever goes for the Tommies and Crypt places !
cairo

Post by cairo »

Fantastic to see so much good news being posted today. And commiserations to those who didn't quite get the results they were hoping for.

Is it my imagination or do there seem to be a lot of girls getting into the Pates top 120 this year? If so, that would be a change from the results over the last couple of years. Good to see though :D
Jen'smum

Post by Jen'smum »

Sorry late post - bit manic yesterday. Still worth posting though, as I know I would be pleased to see places being freed up. Not got letters in front of me at the mo but approx

Ribston and HSFG both scores in 260s.

Pates top 120

Another girl for Pates so another space freed up. Not boastng and deliberated about posting results but people on this forum have been very supportive when I needed advice and I know if I was waiting on HSFG or Ribston I would appreciate the info. Thoughts go out to dcs it didn't go well for.
Bring me sunshine ....
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

I think many more girls into Pates this year. This may be partly due to the reduction of maths and the focus on English in this years test. I was having a panic attack about it as maths was my boys strongest suit :shock: Pates has been very boy heavy in the last few years 2:1 (boys to girls last year) and so I wonder was this an attempt to redress the balance? Let's hope it has not gone to far the other way!

Any parents of boys going to Pates send me a PM :D so I am not lonely! It's also very good to have friends with DD's as they are so much better historians and I might get to find out about events before they happen :D
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Oh and I was wondering how come the girls all seem to have much higher scores than the boys? There papers must be standardised very differently or the cohorts vary quite a lot. I know of no boys getting in the 130's for Test 1 but it seems the girls do often. IS there any rhyme or reason to it? Perhaps trying to compare across the sexes is like chalk with cheese?
Jen'smum

Post by Jen'smum »

Hi EmeraldE. Just dug out the letter and my dd got higher in second paper so think maybe the first few posts just coincidence. Have heard of a couple of Pates boy passes so don't worry, he won't be an honourary girl if he goes there! :wink:
Bring me sunshine ....
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Hi Guys.

Marling-top 120 :D
Crypt-128
STR- 119,120=239
Pates rank-138.
We also had a really nice handwritten note from Mr Fenton and I will be dragging dh around both Marling and Pates before making our final decision. I can confirm that we will not be taking up either of the Glos schools.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
morrisdancingmummy

Post by morrisdancingmummy »

Finally got round to putting DDs scores in.

Pates 220- outside top 160
Denmark rd- 109/ 108 Total 217
Ribston 112/ 110 Total 222

Very proud of the fact that due to Parental stupidity she managed this with only 8 weeks VR practice, with 2 FT working parents (so not getting home tiill 6pm each night)

Really hoping for a place at Denmark Rd :D
chatternatter

Post by chatternatter »

hsfg 215
Ribston 219

V.pleased with DS performance xxxxxxx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now