Bus Travel to and from Stroud High from Quedgeley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Russellk33

Bus Travel to and from Stroud High from Quedgeley

Post by Russellk33 »

Good Morning all,
Firstly i apologise if this post has already been covered before.

We recieved the results on Saturday that my daughter had passed the 11+ and was given the option of going to the 4 grammer schools we had ticked.
Realistically we are looking at both Stroud and Ribston. My daughter is adament she wants to go to Stroud and we live in Quedgeley.
Does anyone know the means of bus travel to the school from this area?
I have seen a bus outside the Starting Gate Public House before now with a queue of Stroud High girls. I had assumed this was a private bus for SH girls only but have now been told that the bus is not specifically run for the school and any member of public can get on it. This now causes me some concern as the journey to Stroud is far and whilst i dont want to appear an over bearing parent this will be the first time that she ventures from home alone without a parent. I am aware that the bus provided by Ribston is for the use of pupils only, belonging to that school or Crypt, St Peters. I had hoped Stroud would be the same.
This bus issue has a huge bearing on my decision. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, such as costs, time tables and who the busis provided by.

Karen
Ayeup

Re: Bus Travel to and from Stroud High from Quedgeley

Post by Ayeup »

The Number 14 runs from Gloucester to Stroud via Stonehouse and the Stanleys.
gloucestermum

Re: Bus Travel to and from Stroud High from Quedgeley

Post by gloucestermum »

Sorry can't offer any info on the SHS bus.But the Ribston bus is run by Stagecoach,and drops off outside the school.You will receive free bus travel only if Ribston is your nearest grammar school AND it is more than 3 miles away.The buses are shared with Crypt boys.

GM