Stroud or Ribston?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stressed?Moi?

Re: Stroud or Ribston?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

I know, I have too. I think the idea is that it looks so silly that they don't do it. You won't stop the die-hards though!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Dd has said that they have been 'inspected' a couple of times this term and sanctions have been forthcoming to girls with incorrect uniform.
Amber

Post by Amber »

The award for very short skirts must go to Pates, surely. Down PEW in the mornings when some of them are hurrying to get there on time there are some sights to behold. :shock:
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Redlocks17 wrote:Ribston is changing it's uniform for sep 2015 entry to pleated skirts. The current pencil skirts are snug but they do come in various longer lengths....since the beginning of time girls have shortened their skirts! I used to walk out of my house to school fairly respectable and by the time I had got to the school gates my skirt was 4 inches shorter!! Those were the days....

My dd said that the skirt length it always a topic between teachers and pupils at Ribston, I am guessing that why there is a change ahead! My assumption is they will be longer...
In my old school we wore tunics. The same one from Y7 to Y11 :shock:
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I always thought you were male Tolstoy... :shock:
Amber

Post by Amber »

stroudydad wrote:I always thought you were male Tolstoy... :shock:
Several members of this forum have male user names when they are female. Even a mod :shock: . Not sure if there are any the other way round though. (Stroudydad - are you really a stroudymum?)

The Russian word from which Tolstoy comes means 'stout' btw, as you may already know.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Amber wrote:
Several members of this forum have male user names when they are female. Even a mod :shock: . Not sure if there are any the other way round though. (Stroudydad - are you really a stroudymum?)

The Russian word from which Tolstoy comes means 'stout' btw, as you may already know.
Always get a bit stumped when I am asked to come up with a name and it didn't occur to me when I chose it there would be confusion. I remember one day saying to DH I think a forum member thinks I am male :o He replied " that is because you have a male user name durrh" :lol:

Am I stout? Well some still squeezing into them tunics were, not a good look.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Amber wrote:

Are you trying to point out that our Tolstoy is in need of a diet?? :-) I once knew a girl called Steve.... And two of my boys have real names that can be both maleband female.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

A family on our road had two boys, the third a girl they chose to name after her father, Peter :?:
Amber

Post by Amber »

stroudydad wrote:[Are you trying to point out that our Tolstoy is in need of a diet?? :-)
Nope. I don't believe in diets anyway - people always seem to get 'stouter' after them and look ill to boot; and I am sure she is not stout at all. I was just saying it means that in Russian. I know someone with the surname Smellie, which means 'brave' in Russian. A former male member of this forum sent me a long (and a bit graphic :oops: )PM once based on the fact that I must have long red hair or I wouldn't be called Amber. I don't.

And I am sure I have posted my favourite on here before - Sue Barker, which is the Russian for 'dog'.

Ok, back to the two lovely schools - Stroud and Ribston. As you were, girls and boys. :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now