Driven to distration awaiting re-allocation letter!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hopefulandstressed

Driven to distration awaiting re-allocation letter!

Post by hopefulandstressed »

Anyone else going slowly bonkers having to wait until after 31st March to find out if we've been successful after re-allocation of places? The wait seems endless - trying to switch off from it seems impossible, I just need to be put out of the agony ....
Milla

Re: Driven to distration awaiting re-allocation letter!

Post by Milla »

nothing useful to reply, just to say I'm sorry you're having to endure this waiting and can imagine what it's like - the waiting was the worst part from The Test to The Envelopes and the time is broken down in your head and you sort of drift about unable to settle on anything. Having no control over it means all you can do is fester. Unless you've been through any part of it (and I've only done the envelope wait) you can't imagine how horrid it is. The whole business of lurching from date to date.
It's no good peddling trusims about it WILL be over and what will be and reminding you of the practicalities of the appeals system if it comes to that ... I think you've just got to accept that it's a given to go through. At least (!) you're half way through the time and on the home run so to speak.
As I say, nothing helpful at all, but reading this will kill a minute!
Good luck!
hopefulandstressed

Re: Driven to distration awaiting re-allocation letter!

Post by hopefulandstressed »

Hi Milla!
Thanks for your reply, you're right - 16 days down, 15 to go ....! Only I wish it wasn't going soooo slowly! If only for a crystal ball!