Tuition fee total spend ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
shaann

Tuition fee total spend ?

Post by shaann »

Hi, have not been on here for ages but have recently been looking in for help/advice.

Have dc at gs no tuition no probs.Now dc2 has failed this years test,no reason why,no less ability etc.....No decent comp in area.Have already seen the travel debate on here!!!! Our best chance of a better comp(that we could get a place in as thats another issue to contend with!) is 45 min bus ride.It seems too far for us :(

Have read on here that its not easy or common to pass without paid tuition.Have dc3 on the horizon of this awful `game` and so need advice.

How much in your estimations would it set me back to get a child the required amount of tuition to the required level with a better chance of a pass.I know every child/tutor is different but a rough figure would be really useful.

Thanks
muminTewkes

Re: Tuition fee total spend ?

Post by muminTewkes »

We probably only (only!)spent @ £300 plus a few £'s for downloads,DIY books etc.
He has tuition through the summer with a couple of mocks costing @ £15 each..total no more than £500 max. I guess?
The tuition did nothing more than sharpen his timing and help us and him realise that he was on course-that bit was invaluable though,along with the tutors knowledge of the system alongside the fabby advice here of course!
I totally think you can DIY-I just wasnt confident enough this first time.
Im guessing the bar is constantly being raised re how high the scoring is going and how tough it is now to pass let alone be in the "golden"160 at Pate's.
We are just a normal household with (thankfully)a bright,driven and eager ds1-he was easy to "coach"and I managed it,even though I personally cant really do VR :oops: !
HTH
capers123

Re: Tuition fee total spend ?

Post by capers123 »

I think that people may be reluctant to put their name to a sum.

I've re-posted your message with a survey, as they are anonymous.

Mods - could you delete (or lock) this thread? Ta.
Capers