lets hear from those who didnt pass please.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

glosguy

lets hear from those who didnt pass please.

Post by glosguy »

my dd didnt pass. she was few points short. Luckily she soon got over it. We dont understand anything about the standardisation method. :?

Anyone else who didnt pass, please feel free to respond on here. would be nice to hear from others.
sherry_d

Re: lets hear from those who didnt pass please.

Post by sherry_d »

This would be a depressing post Glosguy, I thought twice before clicking it.

Come and visit Rehab or Everything else for a bit of light hearted homour to cheer us up. :D
Impossible is Nothing.
glosguy

Post by glosguy »

No need for depression!
fruit salad

Post by fruit salad »

Well I didn't pass. My best friend in Northern Ireland didn't pass. Another good friend didn't pass, for which he was labelled 'educationally subnormal' or some such tosh, and he went to Cambridge and did very well, is now one of the country's top scientists in his field. I also know a few adults who did pass and who turned down scholarships to indie schools and went to their local comps and also did remarkably well. So come on, it isn't anything to be ashamed of! No one can accuse any of the children who took the test of not trying. I hope that they all are very successful adults, no matter which school they go to.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

...I WOULDNT have passed :wink:
Our children need hefty pats on the back for even attempting the blasted thing :D
glosguy

Post by glosguy »

Well said. I certainly wouldnt have had a hope. We are happy that our child sat the test. Gave her a taste of exams for secondary school.