Admissions form..help required!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ginger1

Admissions form..help required!

Post by Ginger1 »

Apologies for starting a new thread if that is not corect - I am new to all this...
A little unsure on how to go with the choices on the admissions form- my DC marginally fell short of the HSFG pass but marginally passed the Ribston mark. My dilemma is this, should I put HSFG first and Ribston second, or the other way round? I am really pleased that she passed for Ribston and if she is offered a place then we will take it but as her score was a low pass then we may not get in, in which case I would try an appeal for HSFG as she is a smart cookie that didnt perform her best on the day (it has transpired that some family issues have affected her more than I realised ( she is quite a 'deep' little girl...) and the reason I would use)
So...if she gets Ribston then great, but if not then an appeal for HSFG which she marginally failed.....so, which order should I put them?
Some of you here seem so knowledgeble on these things and are bound to know the best thing to do..... :?:
gloucestermum

Re: Admissions form..help required!

Post by gloucestermum »

Welcome to the forum!

You sound as if you will want to appeal for a place at the High School.Therefore,you will want to put HSFG as first choice,and Ribston as second.On March 1st,as your DS did not achieve a pass for HSFG she will hopefully get offered a place at Ribston.As you say that her pass for Ribston was marginal,then please do ensure you use your other choices wisely and choose your preferences for comprehensives.

There is plenty of advice available on the forum if you choose to appeal come March 1st.

Hope this makes sense!

GM
Ginger1

Post by Ginger1 »

Brilliant - thankyou - thats what I thought - and yes I have a 3rd and 4th choice - just hope I dont need them :wink:
Ginger1

Post by Ginger1 »

Just another thought....would we be able to appeal for Ribston even if it was second on our list albeit she passed the test and....if we failed an appeal for one could we then appeal for the other or is that not allowed? thanks....
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

You can appeal for 2 schools-Capers should be able to confirm if there is any problem with wanting to appeal for the 2nd choice school and not the 1st??
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Hi

You can appeal for ANY school, even if not on the form!

So put HSFG 1st, Ribston 2nd then your catchment comp ( or another school you are 100% sure to get) 3rd or 4th.

I would expectyou to be offered Ribston. You can then appeal for HSFG afterwards without jeopardising your place at Ribston (and you don't have to tell your daughter).

Good luck
Capers