Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Weaver

Re: Churchdown school proposing to remove catchment areas

Post by Weaver »

That's interesting. But its latest GCSE performance was a bit worrying, I thought.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

I do live in the area, and it will not be on my list of choices come selection time. I think it suffers because of its close proximity to Chosen Hill, which is currently the more popular school. I don't have direct experience, though, so someone with a child there will be more informed than I am.

I just know it doesn't have a very good reputation, and its latest results place it below Brockworth Enterprise, so something is not going well. Apparently (my husband tells me!) in the past the reputations of Chosen & Churchdown were reversed, and over time it varies as to which school is viewed as the 'good' one. But at the moment it looks as though Churchdown is suffering.

Weaver
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Hmmm that is not good.
Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arealfarmer

Post by arealfarmer »

Weaver wrote:I do live in the area, and it will not be on my list of choices come selection time. I think it suffers because of its close proximity to Chosen Hill, which is currently the more popular school. I don't have direct experience, though, so someone with a child there will be more informed than I am.

I just know it doesn't have a very good reputation, and its latest results place it below Brockworth Enterprise, so something is not going well. Apparently (my husband tells me!) in the past the reputations of Chosen & Churchdown were reversed, and over time it varies as to which school is viewed as the 'good' one. But at the moment it looks as though Churchdown is suffering.

Weaver
I'm sorry weaver ...... But your husband is wrong . Chosen hill had always been the better school . It was the grammar to winston Rd ( churchdown's ) secondary modern .
It was no longer a grammar when I went there . We looked round for dd before achieving a grammar place and I was very impressed - although it is very large now .... Where are you ? You may be in an area that CH draws from ( it seems quite wide !)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now