From the US to Gloucestershire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

thisandthat

Re: From the US to Gloucestershire

Post by thisandthat »

Thanks for the info. It looks like our first temporary rental will be in Cheltenham.
thisandthat

Post by thisandthat »

O.K. We are definitely going to spending the first couple of months in Cheltenham - arriving 20th May, and from there will be looking for a longer term rental further south - still in Glos. I'm going to speak to the LEA about getting the kids in a school for a few weeks before the end of the school year, but from experience do any of you have suggestions regarding 'friendly' primary schools that may be o.k. with my kids say visiting for half a day? None of them have issues with behavior or anything. (They only drive me crazy!) Also, I've learnt that the Grammars will have open days in the Fall, but is there any chance they'd allow a visit before then? DS is totally into the idea of Grammar school, but honestly has no idea what one may be like. I realize this is an issue for all kids (without old siblings) going into Secondary, but thought it might be worth a try.
Mum66

Post by Mum66 »

The Grammar Reg Form needs to be done by end Sept not beginning, although the earlier the better - one less thing to worry about - remember to say you want DS score shared with the other GS to keep your options open! We looked round Tommies on a normal day and just phoned to make appointment.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now