Is anyone (else) losing it yet?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Milla

Re: Is anyone (else) losing it yet?

Post by Milla »

Dragged the baby out of bed to have a little stomp and dispense good luck and good vibes over you all.
If you have good passes, you really can stop stressing! If you're twilight, ie skating close to the cut off then stay strong. Am I right in thinking that fewer passed this year, meaning more likelihood of those who did of getting in?
Ommmmmmm
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

... and don't forget those of us with near misses ... the agony continues ....
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Am I right in thinking that fewer passed this year, meaning more likelihood of those who did of getting in?
Ommmmmmm[/quote]

I'd be really interested to know this too, but don't know how to find out.

Thanks, from a twighlighter!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Stressed?Moi? wrote:Am I right in thinking that fewer passed this year, meaning more likelihood of those who did of getting in?
I've heard people say that less have passed this year and others who say more have passed, in the same way that either more children took the test (because of the recession hitting private schools, don't you know) or less took it. None of this 'information' came from official sources, only parents with a vested interest.

I suspect that around the same number took the test as last year, and around the same number will have passed. One thing is certain - the PAN / IAN of each of the grammars has not changed, so the same number of places will be allocated this year as last; that's not to say it will not change in the future, as schools may be able to change their intake size under the new admissions code.

So you'll all have to keep your fingers crossed until 1st.

That said, I have a distinct memory last year of getting the letter a day early, as Glos Education decided to save money & send the letters out 2nd class but earlier (to allow delivery within 3 days), hence I didn't need to wait until midnight to go on the web site. Not heard if that's happening again this year. So I can't actually say if the web site did go live at 00:01 on 1st.

A couple of years before there were some 'hacks' published in various county forums here which got you in after 18:00, but I would have thought Capita (not my usual rendition of the company name) have fixed this bug!

Good luck to all your children.
Capers
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Great thanks Capers.
neveragain

Post by neveragain »

I just wish we were a few more points clear of the twilight zone!! If the pass score stays the same as last year then we are in, but we cannot count on that!! I really am wishing February away fast.
Milla

Post by Milla »

neveragain, I've just dipped into your past posts and seen your score - going by previous years she would fly into Denmark Rd with that. I know it's impossible to say and even harder to transfer confidence but she is well clear of the passmark and (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong!) historically girls seems to get in to D Rd on lower marks than boys - (sshh, trembling hearts of boy mothers!) - but where the nasty cut off might be 215 for boys to STRS, girls seem (from boy mother perspective :wink: ) to glide into DRd on 210.
Naturally it's impossible to do other than fret and second guess and what if and if only at this stage, but am sure you (you being she!) will be fine. Hope so.
aargh

Post by aargh »

willow_catkin wrote:Just found this on the Glos Council website FAQs
When will I get my email?
If you have applied online and requested an email confirmation, the emails will be sent to your original email address from 9am on Tuesday 1st March. Due to volume of emails, it may be a few hours until you receive it. You will still receive a paper copy of your allocation letter and reply form posted to your home address.

How can I check the allocated school online?
If you have applied online, you can login to your account and view your allocated school from 00:01am on Monday 1st March. If you have forgotten your password, we are unable to resend your private password to you. You will still receive a paper copy of your allocation letter and reply form posted to your home address.
Who is going to be up at midnight then?
Bizarre Tuesday the 1st or Monday the 1st? I thought the 1st was a Thursday. The Council don't seem to agree with themselves or the calendar :lol:
neveragain

Post by neveragain »

Thank you do much for that boost!! I really do feel on the edge. Just shutting my eyes and wishing myself past the results. I am grateful for being able to lurk on this site. Wishing you all the school you want xx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now