Uniform for HSFG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
chatternatter

Uniform for HSFG

Post by chatternatter »

Hi and well done to everyone and their children, good and bad results it was still a massive experience, hair-raising but we all survived.

Looking for advice from other peeps on uniform when and where to obtain and whether it needs doing sooner than later. Cant believe its only a few months now and how independent they are going to be. Scary but v.exciting.

thanks chatternatter
Peanuts

Re: Uniform for HSFG

Post by Peanuts »

My daughter has had a really good 5 years at HSFG, hope yours does too.
morrisdancingmummy

Post by morrisdancingmummy »

hi there.

Just to let you know I went into Trutex shop in Gloucester on Friday so I can start buying things gradually before September for DD1.

They had very few HSFGs skirts left, and said the next delivery is going to be 3rd June. There were quite a few blazers (although a lot seemed quite small to me, maybe my DD1 is very huge for her age!). I was advised to get the blazer sooner as they tend to run out.
There were loads of shirts, jumpers and ties.

I did not attempt PE kit yet, waiting for after the May Parents evening for that....

DD1 was delighted with what we had bought her and spent all evening practicing tying her tie...
AAH bless....

There were quite a few people in the shop who had the same idea as me it seemed!

I hope this helps.

See you in May.
susiesue

Post by susiesue »

When your DD has her introduction day, she will be given a lot of information, including a Trutex catalogue. In this catalogue will be a password which will take you to a designated page for the HSFG uniform. So you may want to use this if you don't want to wait for the next delivery. (If it hasn't changed from last year it'll be LEA00520SB)
The uniform's not cheap so you might want to get sizes that she'll grow into. :wink:
chatternatter

Post by chatternatter »

Great minds alike. We to went in to the uniform shop in Gloucester, lovely lady helped me she fitted my daugther up for the various bits and pieces. Blazer, two blouses, jumper two skirts and a tie £117. wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be. :-) she did look beautiful i was not prepared to be feeling all emotional.
Will go back in over the next few months and buy any extras and the basic pe kit.

Staff were really great fitted uniform big but not silly big.
Newshoes

Post by Newshoes »

Congrats to your DDs for getting into HSFG.

DD is currently in yr 7 and loving it.
School uniform was purchased beginning of July on a saturday morning before the school holidays, it was busy with girls trying clothes on but we only waited 5 minutes.
We had to order the skort and a skirt but had them within 2 weeks.
We purchased
1 blazer, thanks goodness it goes in the washing machine and is dry within a couple of hours!
2 winter shirts then at easter 2 summer shirts
1 tie
2 jumpers - one from trutex (which was wool and used when it was cold) and a thinner cardigan (from M&S) used in the autumn term
2 skirts
Most of the girls opt for black wool tights in the winter and sheer tights (black or flesh coloured) for the summer. DD currently wears knee length socks either blue or black as her shoes as too big with the sheer tights!!

PE kit is in DDs case is not fully utilised. We bought
sweatshirt - not used
tracksuit bottoms - not used
microshorts - not used
hockey/football socks - not used
skorts
logo'd poloshirt
trainers
This may be down to DD not being in any of the teams or sporty after school clubs, which they volunteer for.

You will be given a comprehensive list on the New Parents evening of all the items you will need to buy including some which are only available from school (art book, padlock, design book, etc).

DD will be at the welcome evening in May so if you have any q's before or after feel free to ask and we will do our best to help. :)
chatternatter

Post by chatternatter »

Thanks new shoes

We have been to open night tonight and have come away on a real high, really cant wait now. My dd was buzzing and the fabulous atmosphere and buzz from the students was so great to witness.
happy happy happy :lol: :lol: :lol: