Pates PE kit

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Glparent

Re: Pates PE kit

Post by Glparent »

Happychap - all yr7 girls play hockey autumn term and I think a gum shield is a requirement.

DD got her's through the recommended company who visit school in the first week to take impressions (you order on the web first & then you're on the list for impressions). Quite expensive but seem very good quality. Other option is one you can heat up and mould yourself (available from same company or most sports shops). Rather depends on how sporty DD is - I guess if she's likely to play in goal for the team then it's worth considering the better one.

Have to say my DD will need another one in September & not all that sure I'll pay £45 again! :shock:
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Just as a tip for mouthguards-GO TO YOUR DENTIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DS1 plays rugby anyway so has had one for a while...we messed about forever with boil n bite ones until the lightbulb moment and got one fitted(for FREE)with our dentist.
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Think that might depend on your dentist - I enquired of ours (now private :( ), and he advised the deal with Opro through school was really a good one, and he couldn't do one for less than double their price! :shock:
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

I don't think that we will be ordering through the school. Ds1 has a small jaw and so will be having a vast amount of dental treatment! I think we will have to buy them regularly as his teeth change and at over £30 a time :shock: . :wink: If he loses a couple through rugby it might save the dentist a job! :lol:
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
fruit salad

Post by fruit salad »

Just a quick heads up that the Kukri online shop will be closing in the next couple of days!

After a lot of faffing around with it, finally found the Pates link in the welcome pack (not in an email, as I had thought) and a lot more faffing to try using Internet Explorer instead of the usual Chrome browser (you can't scroll down on Chrome, and so you cannot go beyond the invoice page to pay).

I got as much as I could second hand from the school office, which saved us a fortune (something we don't have at present, so there was no choice on that.) Still, I did get red socks and sweatshirt/warm up.

I got a pair of shorts, skirt and waterproof coat from The Famous today.

Then from Kukri, got 2 skorts, 2 tracksuit bottoms and one blue 'smock' top.

To answer the OP I haven't gone for a mouth guard as it said on the form it was optional and DD is adamant she doesn't want to be on a hockey team. I thought it was rather a lot of money for something like that. Do accept the tip about the dentist though, and will remember to ask at her next appointment.