Summer camp ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Alice in Underland

Summer camp ?

Post by Alice in Underland »

Can anybody recommend a good summer day camp in Gloucestershire for my kids aged 11 and 13 just to give them something different to do on the days I am at
work ?
pheasantchick

Re: Summer camp ?

Post by pheasantchick »

My boys do various courses (in Kent) when I am at work.

They include football, and cricket. The local sports centre, council, tennis club and theatre also run summer courses. What are your kids interested in?
Alice in Underland

Any sort of outdoor activity, animals,music but not really serious team sports or anything too competitive. I'm looking somewhere they can go together which can be tricky given their respective ages. The eleven year old is a boy and the 13 year old a girl and they actually get on very well with each other.

We previously lived in the USA where the summer vacation is very long and there are millions of "camp"opportunities for kids because most working parents only get 2 weeks off in any year and are desperate to keep their kids entertained ! We are familiar with Girl Scouts and YMCA but I don't really know what goes on in the UK.
Gypsypony

Post by Gypsypony »

I had an email from a company organising a summer camp at Beaudesert school (Minchinhampton), not sure of the costs or activities. Also check out Splat2011 if yours aren't too sporty, a bit expensive and possibly the wrong area for you though (Aldsworth). I think Brewery Arts (Cirencester) do activity days in the hols too, but not totally sure!

I have a feeling that a lot of the indie schools put on summer camps of some sort, there's alway PGL for a few days :D
Alice in Underland

Thanks I will follow up Beaudesert and have also seen outdoor activities on offer at Westonbirt though I can't remember the name of the company.
Sabanna

Post by Sabanna »

My girls usually come home with a leaflet each term for something at Archway during the holidays, but I haven't seen one this term so not sure if it's still being run.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

25th to 30th of July - Gloucestershire Music summer school. Held at Downfield 6th form unit in Stroud, but transport provided each day from all parts of the county.

My children have both been over several years (as did my other half last year). It's good fun, well run.

Senior Orchestra
Junior Music Zone
String Starters
Jazz Zone
Music Technology Course
Adult Wind Bind Band Course

Download a brochure from
http://www.gloucestershiremusic.co.uk/M ... ourse.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Capers
Milk

Post by Milk »

Supercamps, at Dean Close school in Cheltenham, are pretty good: http://www.supercamps.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gypsypony

Post by Gypsypony »

Just found a flyer in my DS's bookbag for "Jam Productions" summer acting, dancing & singing workshop.
It's at Deer Park College, Cirencester, 2nd - 5th August 10am - 4pm (ages 7-16yrs)
£100 for 1st child, £75 for siblings. Email contact is annie.pain@btinternet.com
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now