Tewkesbury to Ribston Hall

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nbear

Tewkesbury to Ribston Hall

Post by nbear »

Hi,
Just looking at getting our DD to Ribston from Tewkesbury.
I see that DD would have to get the bus from Cheltenham as nothing goes direct from Tewkesbury.

Is anyone else in the same boat? If you have a DD at or starting in September would you like to car share from Tewkesbury?

Or does anyone know of a bus service?
mum23*

Re: Tewkesbury to Ribston Hall

Post by mum23* »

Can't help with buses from Tewkes but if you or DD have friends at HSFG that could share a lift (or a service bus from near you stops there) there is a school bus between Denmark Rd and Ribston (the Colefordian) that is very easy and convenient. It leaves DR at 8.10 ish for RH and the return leaves RH straight after school and gets to DR around 3.55pm. My DD has just started using it and it makes life easier for us with DDs at both schools. Costs around £30 a month so not dirt cheap but could save your DD having to negotiate the bus station in Gloucester to change buses. It uses a bus pass system. The Colefordian is just for the Gloucester grammars but heads off to the Forest of Dean area.
Hope this might help. Otherwise I know some people organise a private mini bus from some of the places with no public buses. You would need enough DCs to make it viable but there are a few companies that are doing this now.
Good luck, hope you get it sorted.
Milk

Re: Tewkesbury to Ribston Hall

Post by Milk »

One of Rob's Ribston and Crypt buses picks up from the Cheltenham Race Course, amongst other places. Another bus, I think, picks up from Arle Court. I know my daughter (who goes to Ribston and LOVES it!) has mentioned another girl, currently in Y7, travelling from Tewkesbury and using Rob's bus for part of the journey. You don't mention if you've already contacted Rob's buses, but if you haven't, that would definitely be worth your while. His contact details are in one of the other recent posts on the Gloucestershire page.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now