Well,its almost here.....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
muminTewkes

Well,its almost here.....

Post by muminTewkes »

Is everyone ready?????

Our DC's will begin their journeys next week :shock: after all those months of practice,tests,waiting for results its all come round rather too quickly for my liking!

DS has no last minute nerves,aside from a few regarding the first couple of bus journeys-just excitement at finally getting to Pates!

Just one question that I cant find the answer to....for those going to Pates on the Tuesday Induction afternoon(He's not doing the orchestra morning)do they need uniform,Im presuming not?also lunch?again,as they arent coming in till later,Im thinking no?

So just to wish all your DC's well whichever school they are off to(and you too of course!)and good luck to those doing the upcoming 11+ in October-it really does seem ages ago and a world away now and soon will be a distant(fond???)memory :D
pheasantchick

Re: Well,its almost here.....

Post by pheasantchick »

Can't believe they soon will be starting. Hope everyone settles in well, makes lots of new friends quickly, and enjoys their new schools.
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Name tags are sewn in, going to pack pencil case tomorrow. Have bought dictionarys, maths sets, padlock. Year 7s at Stroud High start back this Friday and my DD is very excited.

I, on the other hand... :cry: can't believe my baby is going to secondary school. I am worried that she will walk under a car on the way there, lose her mobile phone, lose her dinner money, not make any friends, get lost looking for her lessons, lock all her stuff in her locker and forget the combination for her padlock.

She is not remotely bothered by any of these possibilities so I guess I'll just have to plaster a smile on my face and throw her to the lions. :(

Good luck to all new Year 7s, they will all be just fine (except mine of course!)
Last edited by pixiequeen on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Hi,Omg, ds seems to be ready, I on the other hand....
Its non uniform for the Tuesday and then uniform on the Wednesday. The only thing that we have had an issue with this summer(other than .......Macbeth) is that ds has forgotten his email address,password and plato log in :lol: :twisted: so a good beginning I think!
I will be glad when they are settled in because I might just be able to start sleeping through the night again without dreaming that I :shock: have missed the bus, have no money, forgotten my lunch/books/clothes etc. Ds1 will be fine,he will be fine,he will be fine.... :roll:
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Ummmm......I didnt even KNOW they had a Plato log in....!!!!feel better???
Thanks for the answer!
*must ask ds when he comes back about that..and Macbeth!!! :shock: :roll:
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Good luck to all of your children starting year 7 in the coming days.Seems an age ago now that DS was starting year 7,we now have year 10 and GCSE's to contend with....... :?

GM
crazybutsmiling

Post by crazybutsmiling »

Well I am sitting here all nervous, thinking I must have forgotten something! Yes I too have had several dreams during the summer where I missed the bus! :lol:
DD1 starts SHS tomorrow and I can't believe it's here already!
I guess I'll be back on here in a year or 2 fretting about dd2, but hopefully with all I've learned first time round things will be smoother! :D
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

It seems that all of ds1s friends are starting school tomorrow so I just want to say that I hope everyone has a good time and settles in well. Ds1 will be at Pates for 4pm,I'm not sure what I am going to do for that time though. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

DD2 set off at 8:10 this morning for SHS, accompanied by DD1 who was on the way to a friends house, but volunteered to make sure DD2 knew the route down the hill.

DD2 was in a pencil skirt & tights - most unusual to see her in them, as she's been in trousers for the last few years. I think she'd like skinny black jeans & Converse shoes as part of the school uniform.

Job done.
Capers
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Turtleglos.... :?: what do you mean ds1 will be at Pates for 4pm???Im worried now-what have i missed? :shock:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now