How much rough paper will the candidates be allowed?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stressed?Moi?

Re: How much rough paper will the candidates be allowed?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Which is exactly what happens, at least with the first paper.
It's only the first paper, and they are never taken out of the exam room, so are not circulating amongst tutors. The second paper is always new.[/quote][/quote]

Got asked the question last night and not sure of the answer (apologies for so long from my last post). What is the first paper recycled from/to, ie, has the paper been used by others, in which case the questions are known by others before the exam. Or, is it used to pass to others after the exam, in which case, my previous question applies again? What do the invigilators do with them in the exam room, and surely they only need one or two copies. I'm just being nosy!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Stressed?Moi? wrote: What is the first paper recycled from/to, ie, has the paper been used by others, in which case the questions are known by others before the exam. Or, is it used to pass to others after the exam, in which case, my previous question applies again? What do the invigilators do with them in the exam room, and surely they only need one or two copies. I'm just being nosy!
The paper will (probably) have been used three or four years ago. Since then it will have been locked away by the school. I would be surprised if they were circulated, in that a child would have to recreate all the questions from memory after the exam (having also sat the second paper inbetween. All the children I know just want to forget about the exam once they've left the exam room.

We're only talking about the question paper, not the computer-marked answer sheet which is brand new for each child.
Capers
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

The paper will (probably) have been used three or four years ago. Since then it will have been locked away by the school. I would be surprised if they were circulated, in that a child would have to recreate all the questions from memory after the exam (having also sat the second paper inbetween. All the children I know just want to forget about the exam once they've left the exam room.

We're only talking about the question paper, not the computer-marked answer sheet which is brand new for each child.[/quote]

Ahh right. Actually I think my daughter will have forgotten all about it by the time she reaches the gate. Knowing her, the conversation will be go something like "so, how was it" (me), "um, OK" - cheers for that insight then!!!.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now