Tutors Level 4

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bemily

Tutors Level 4

Post by Bemily »

Dd tried one of their short papers tonight and only got 60 % where she'd normally get 85 to 90. Should I worry?
pixiequeen

Re: Tutors Level 4

Post by pixiequeen »

No, they are REALLY hard! :D I expect if she does a few more she will up her score a bit. I think we did them as practice for moving on quickly from questions you can't do and for speed. My DD never got a good score on them. There were questions that I couldn't do either. Don't worry about it and if you thinks it's damaging your DD's confidence it might be better to leave them alone.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

They re TOUGH!!!!
We did a few just before we did a couple GL "confidence boosters"@ this time last year-but made SURE ds1 knew they were hard....it did him good tbh for the real thing as it was his first comment that the test wasnt as tough as those id given him!!!!

Id leave them and use them to illustrate only how GOOD your dc is doing id they can cope with level 4.
66mum

Post by 66mum »

Hello just registered! had intended to ask about these level 4 questions, as they seem a big step up from the tutors level 3 short papers, but have just found all the info i needed!! Am planning to alternate a level 3 tutors short test with a level 4 short test, and now i'll tell DD if she can get through the level 4 reasonably well, thats as hard as it'll get on the day. Wish i'd found site for when we went through this for dd1. Not long now gulp! I really appreciate all the posts on this site , sooo helpful thank you all.
Milla

Post by Milla »

very difficult, in fact what we did with them was to do them "together" in a low key over breakfast way so he didn't really notice. Talked about the vocab, didn't stress about them or monitor what a putative score would have been (as potentiall too depressing...) But where I'm glad about doing them is that a) the vocab was stretched and b) the tests themselves seemed encouragingly easy in comparison. So worth doing, but not "properly" and don't get despondent / let them be aware that you're "helping" - am sure the standard of these is way higher than the real thing.
66mum

Post by 66mum »

Thanks Milla! Have decided to leave the level 4 papers alone after trying a couple, too stressy. I spent an absolute age looking at one question and could not see the answer until i peeked at the answer sheet, thank goodness its not me taking this test!!! Winding it all down now, whats done is done really.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now