Good Luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

myangelpie

Re: Good Luck

Post by myangelpie »

Yes good luck to all the children and parents this year. We will never forget last year, the tension, nerves and desire to pass. We were all wobbly on the day and my DS never looked so white as he walked in. We as parents didnt know what to do with oursleves during the exam and ended up wandering around M&S Home in a dazed state and drinking coffee that we didnt really want just to fill the time until it was all over! So here we are a year later, he's settled into Crypt and what a start he's had. It's worth all the effort, but I wouldnt swap for all the tea in china to do it all over again.

will think of you all - Good luck.
Milla

Post by Milla »

Yes, Good Luck to you all (esp Glparent!!!) It seems to have come round quickly and next week it'll draaagggg. Yup to the feeling flat on Saturday afternoon but give thanks for just a week's wait. We had 3 weeks first time and 2 second, and the year before us there were no results at all, just the guesswork at submitting preferences (risk jeopardising the comp by plumping for a grammar over the comp? risk having to appeal by going for comp and putting grammar in second, nightmare).
So: Keep Calm and Carry On. I'm sure they'll all do very well.
One for the baby, I think: Come on, don't be shy, start up the music....
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
cairo

Post by cairo »

Milla - I've really missed that baby.

This time tomorrow it'll all be over! Feet up tonight everyone and let's hope our DCs come out thinking they've done their best. That's all we can ask of them really.

Good Luck everyone.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Can I add my good wishes to you all please? Have a relaxing evening and an early night-and that's just the parents!!

I hope everybody has something lovely planned for after the test too-nice to destress and try not to grill the poor souls on the paper content :wink:

GM
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow. I really hope that you survive in one piece! I think that all of your dc will be be ok and give their best which is all that we can really ask from them. Well done to them all for going through this horrid process.
Ds1 and quite a few of his friends will be at Pate's tomorrow to offer a helping hand and a friendly word.
I hope that it goes ok for all of you.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
Pushkin

Post by Pushkin »

Great to see the baby back Milla!!

Good luck everyone! Looking forward to next week's count down sparkles .....
Pushkin
MOOSHOO15

Post by MOOSHOO15 »

Good luck to all your DCs tomorrow. From reading your postings over the last year, they have obviously all worked really hard. I am sure they will rise to the challenge. Once again, "Good Luck" for tomorrow.
crazybutsmiling

Post by crazybutsmiling »

Good luck to everyone, I kept thinking about the test today and I don't even have a DC taking the test this year. Stay calm, don't let your DCs see you freaking out, and try to enjoy the rest of the day after the test!
This forum is such a great support, not sure how I would have coped without it! It's full of little 11+ Angels!
Sabanna

Post by Sabanna »

Good luck to all - I hope things go well, but don't forget no matter how they go, they tried and that's the main thing.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now