Good Luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mum23*

Re: Good Luck

Post by mum23* »

Just sent my son off with DH and feeling a bit tearful. I managed to be really bright and breezy until he waved as he disappeared from view. I know he has worked hard and should be able to cope but I still have the sick feeling in my tummy. DH is always super calm and will be upbeat and positive but the thought of DS being shepherded off by older boys to the test room is awful even though I know they will be so nice. I can't believe it but I think the third time is worse than the other two!! As everyone has said, that's it now they can only do their best. Fingers crossed and big hugs to all you nervous parents. See you on the other side!x
Red

Post by Red »

Just sent mine off with DH. Yesterday I was completely panicked and kicking myself for not enforcing 'this' or making DS do 'that'. I had no clear plan for who was going to take which DC where and when or what to do afterwards to mitigate post mortem and 'flat' feelings. Last night I suddenly calmed down: I have faith in DS. He is capable of achieving what he wants but he's also capable of dealing with the disappointment if he doesn't. He's gone off with DH this morning with determination and a positive outlook which does him so much more credit than my feelings of panic did me. I hate the 11+ process but it's shown me a strong side of my son that I'm really proud of.

I wish him and everyone else good luck.

Red
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Red wrote: He's gone off with DH this morning with determination and a positive outlook which does him so much more credit than my feelings of panic did me. I hate the 11+ process but it's shown me a strong side of my son that I'm really proud of.
Hear, hear - I wholeheartedly agree! I'm so proud of DD for sticking at this, being determined and committed. Seeing her walk in this morning, looking so tall and grown-up, I felt so proud of her!

Now, just to fill the next few hours... :?
Last edited by Weaver on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Image Good luck!
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Glos_Mum wrote:Dropped DS off this morning. We too had an upbeat and breezy morning and DS ate hordes for breakfast (fruit -good, croissants -bad I know, but he likes them - don't tell Patricia). He has apple juice and the lucky banana in his bag.
Naughty Girl! :wink:
Glos_Mum wrote:I have been telling myself that, we as parents, have done ALL that we can for our children, to give them the best opportunity to gain a pass. Our children have worked hard for months and deserve so much credit for that alone. No matter what, they can tell themselves that they did do the 11+ exam. We know that we have brought our children up in such a way that, no matter what and no matter where they go, they will be motivated to do well and will have parents that support them. For the moment, we have to put a little faith in them (and hope that they remain calm this morning!). I am very much looking forward to giving him a HUGE hug when he comes out.
Spot on. :)

Good Luck to all the children taking their tests today. [and parents of course!]

Patricia
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Good luck form me too.

.. and ditto above comments. These children will do well wherever they go because they have great homes and unconditional love.
ofsoundmind

Post by ofsoundmind »

Hi All,

I don't actually have any dc's doing the test this year (thank heavens) but I'd just like to wish everyone who does
good luck for tomorrow.
Is it really a year ago since first dd did it??? Time goes by so fast!!
Fingers crossed for you all x
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I am feeling for you all! I had my two DS's two years in a row and I don't think I could do it again. Can't stop thinking about you all and hoping you get good news tonight/tomorrow. I would have sat up to 4am to get the results. Just think of all the relieved postmen in the county. My poor postie was accosted half way down the road by a screaming banshee "Have you got anything for me!!!!????" :shock: :D