Pates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aargh

Re: Pates

Post by aargh »

lassett: are you running the lecture or studying?
If studying : which would you prefer notes on? a friend taking notes on the lecture or your husband taking notes on Pate's?
lassett

Post by lassett »

I'm only studying. Who do I trust to take the best notes? My friend! :lol: Thank you, you may have just made up my mind.
bombdabah

Post by bombdabah »

lassett wrote:I'm feeling so left out because I can't come on Thursday, I know it's not the most important thing to go to but would love to go around the school again knowing it's ok to get attached. Hmm do I skip a lecture to join you all or do the responsible thing and just send my husband and son? :?

Where did you guys get this information about an open day on Thursday? Is it on the website? Please provide me with details
Thx
lassett

Post by lassett »

bombdabah wrote:
Where did you guys get this information about an open day on Thursday? Is it on the website? Please provide me with details
Thx
The letter with the results invited us to go on Thursday.
bombdabah

Post by bombdabah »

lassett wrote:
bombdabah wrote:
Thx
The letter with the results invited us to go on Thursday.

OK thanks, I hadnt paid that much attention to the Pates letter as DS got STRS (which was the aim), but now the euphoria has settled I am giving Pates a thought. I think I may just arrange a visit on Thurs for DS to "just have a look" before the form is filled in.

Is anyone here concerned about the daily travel from Glos or am i being rather a bit too cautious?
lassett

Post by lassett »

Bombdabah, It's been on my mind too but really feel that it's the only draw back to him attending the school. I think the positives far outweigh the travel and won't be too much longer than if he were walking to and from STRS everyday. It's definitely something to think about and in the back of my mind it feels a little as though I'll be sending a small child out in to the world to fend for himself!
bombdabah

Post by bombdabah »

lassett wrote:Bombdabah, It's been on my mind too but really feel that it's the only draw back to him attending the school. I think the positives far outweigh the travel and won't be too much longer than if he were walking to and from STRS everyday. It's definitely something to think about and in the back of my mind it feels a little as though I'll be sending a small child out in to the world to fend for himself!

Thanks Lassett, rather than let the issue linger on, we had a talk about it yesterday and we have decided to settle on STRS, the commute time was the only issue. DS is fairly confident, and i have no hesitation that he CAN do the journey, but he does partake in lots of out of school activities which we still want him to continue in, but would be very difficult if he travelled to pates daily.

STRS is a very good school also, and it is where he wants to go which is the ultimate factor in the end (actually I was the only one that was for pro-Pates it seems in the discussion). Also, two other kids in his school obtained places at Pates, however both are going to turn them down, so that also gave me some reassurance that we are not insane in making this choice.
Naulakha

Post by Naulakha »

I think as your DC is ranked at 157 it is unlikely he would have been offered a place at Pates - it usually goes as far as the high 130s ranks on allocation day I believe.
3kidsmum

Post by 3kidsmum »

Help!

Can anyone help to find out the school opening times for Pates? Not the lesson time, it's the earliset time we can drop my dd to school and the latest pick up time. My dd is the top 120 in Pates but i can't come over on Thursdays tours. Want to know this information as i need to drop my dd1 before i drop ds2 & dd3 to primary.

thanks
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Naulakha wrote:I think as your DC is ranked at 157 it is unlikely he would have been offered a place at Pates - it usually goes as far as the high 130s ranks on allocation day I believe.
.... was that comment really necessary?