Transport from Cheltenham to Stroud High or Ribston?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stressedoutmummy

Re: Transport from Cheltenham to Stroud High or Ribston?

Post by stressedoutmummy »

neveragain wrote:Please can someone help. I phoned Ribston and they told me Stagecoach run the bus from Cheltenham. Have just phoned them and they said that they do not. I cannot find any information for Rob Dix on google so am very confused! I would like to know the pick up points around Cheltenham.
Strange...the woman at the open evening gave me the number. It's been going for a while, so it's unlikely to stop.
Another friend also told me that some groups hire mini-buses of their own.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

neveragain wrote:Thanks! Pity it does not seem to be a bigger enterprise. I am worried about the distance and also the fact DD would have to get 2 buses if she missed that one or if Bob stopped his service. I will give him a call.
Any idea of how I could organise transport back to Cheltenham from Ribston if dd does after-school clubs, ie, is there only one "school bus" back per day?
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

Some Ribston girls get the Colefordian to Denmark Rd where you can swap on to the Cheltenham school bus (Bennetts I think) or you are then closer to the bus station. It gets to HSFG at about 3.45/50pm. You get a pass to do this and can do the reverse in the morning. DCs from Ribston, Crypt and Tommies converge at Denmark Rd to then change on to the school buses/public bus for their area eg Forest of Dean, Cheltenham etc My DD at Ribston does this but swaps on to the public bus or gets picked up from Denmark Rd as her sister goes there. For after school clubs I pick up by car. Perhaps you could sort out a lift share for club nights? Lots of clubs are at lunch time rather than after school.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

mum23* wrote:Some Ribston girls get the Colefordian to Denmark Rd where you can swap on to the Cheltenham school bus (Bennetts I think) or you are then closer to the bus station. It gets to HSFG at about 3.45/50pm. You get a pass to do this and can do the reverse in the morning. DCs from Ribston, Crypt and Tommies converge at Denmark Rd to then change on to the school buses/public bus for their area eg Forest of Dean, Cheltenham etc My DD at Ribston does this but swaps on to the public bus or gets picked up from Denmark Rd as her sister goes there. For after school clubs I pick up by car. Perhaps you could sort out a lift share for club nights? Lots of clubs are at lunch time rather than after school.
Many thanks for the response - I will look into this. Sorry to be thick but can you explain what the Cheltenham school bus is please. I would like to look into lift share for after school to see if others want to nearer the time - have to get in first!
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

google Bennetts coaches and click on school bus timetables. Bennetts run the Cheltenham school bus service to and from Gloucester grammar schools but I don't know whether they stop at Ribston, I think they go to St Peters so perhaps Ribstonians can catch that one? They definitely pick up and drop off to HSFG though. There will only be school children on the bus (so HSFG, Crypt and Tommies and St Peters too) not general public and you buy a bus pass from Bennetts. So if you want to stick to school buses only you may have to use the Colefordian for the bit between Ribston and HSFG then Bennetts to get you to Cheltenham. Hope that makes sense? Try contacting Bennetts because they may lay on another bus for Ribston to Cheltenham if there is enough interest. The Colefordian is the company that provide school buses to the Forest of Dean and that side of the county to and from Gloucester grammars. It is quite normal to just use this service to nip between the grammar schools and they definitely pick up from Ribston. Hope that helps.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

mum23* wrote:google Bennetts coaches and click on school bus timetables. Bennetts run the Cheltenham school bus service to and from Gloucester grammar schools but I don't know whether they stop at Ribston, I think they go to St Peters so perhaps Ribstonians can catch that one? They definitely pick up and drop off to HSFG though. There will only be school children on the bus (so HSFG, Crypt and Tommies and St Peters too) not general public and you buy a bus pass from Bennetts. So if you want to stick to school buses only you may have to use the Colefordian for the bit between Ribston and HSFG then Bennetts to get you to Cheltenham. Hope that makes sense? Try contacting Bennetts because they may lay on another bus for Ribston to Cheltenham if there is enough interest. The Colefordian is the company that provide school buses to the Forest of Dean and that side of the county to and from Gloucester grammars. It is quite normal to just use this service to nip between the grammar schools and they definitely pick up from Ribston. Hope that helps.
Thanks so much for your help - I'll get googleing.
tewksmumoftwo

Post by tewksmumoftwo »

Hope youve sorted your bus issues by now - just read this post and thought id share Rob Dix's number for the Crypt/Ribston dedicated school bus - it runs from Chelt racecourse from 7.25am , through various cheltenham stops, Ribston and then Crypt. It starts at Crypt on the way home, then Ribston and cheltenham - arriving at racecourse at 4.15pm. Number is 07774 100038 or 01452 550612.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

tewksmumoftwo wrote:Hope youve sorted your bus issues by now - just read this post and thought id share Rob Dix's number for the Crypt/Ribston dedicated school bus - it runs from Chelt racecourse from 7.25am , through various cheltenham stops, Ribston and then Crypt. It starts at Crypt on the way home, then Ribston and cheltenham - arriving at racecourse at 4.15pm. Number is 07774 100038 or 01452 550612.
Many thanks for your response, it's really helpful and sounds ideal.