Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:04 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:27 pm
Posts: 62
...will you get your second?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 8119
no - you can can ask to be put on the waiting list for the second and / or appeal for the second


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:27 pm
Posts: 62
Irrespective of how you scored, if it's a grammar?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 8119
regardless of scores ... have to remember that if your second place school is an oversubscribed grammar then it will be full on allocation day .. only places will come from waiting list or appeals.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 333
but you would be top of the waiting list if you have a score that would definitely have got you a place, so you are only waiting for 1 person to drop out of your second choice school.

Be warned though, sometimes there is very little movement after the first round of allocations.

I think also, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, that you should accept your first choice, but tick on the form that goes back to the LEA that you wish to be reconsidered for your second choice, and then also ring your second choice and ask to be put on the waiting list. If you are not offered a place in the second round you could fill in the appeal forms...

hth

Pixiequeen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 276
I think Pixiequeen's advice is sound: don't turn down the place offered or your DC may end up with no place anywhere. Accept it and then take all the steps necessary to have your DC considered for the school that's now your first choice (reconsideration / waiting list / appeal.)

What's underlying this question? Are you having a change of heart? If so, I would be inclined to ring the school you prefer now, rather than waiting till after March and getting their advice.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016