Online courses

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Docsonall

Online courses

Post by Docsonall »

Hi,
I was planning to subscribe to *** Advertising Censored *** 3 months intensive course as there are approximately only 3months left for the exam. Do you think this is a good idea. There are no tutors in the area we live and we are starting the prep late- so i did not want to waste much time in travelling. Any views? thanks.
Amber

Re: Online courses

Post by Amber »

Hmm, a little hard to say from that unintentionally cryptic post. :D

Lots of people on here have prepared their own children for the 11+ and if you look at the VR section at the top there is help on what kind of thing to do and the order to tackle it. I expect you already know that Glos is just VR so that is 'all' you would have to do. Reckon you could do it in the available time, with a fair wind and a compliant child. :?
Docsonall

Post by Docsonall »

Thanks Amber!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Hi,

You can find more help by going to http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/prepar ... e-starters (or go to the top of this screen, preparation, then 'Emergency! Preparation for late starters', though you're not that late. And as the site says - Don't Panic, many children can and do pass the 11+ VR tests with no preparation every year.
Capers
Orson

Post by Orson »

It's NEVER too late to do SOMETHING.
You have four months. If your child is grammar school material, you both commit to putting in the necessary effort and you actually 'do the right stuff', there's no reason why they can't succeed. I know of many children who prepared in a week; albeit a pretty full-on, intensive week. :shock:

I'm interested to read that there are no tutors in your area. Are you sure?
Docsonall

Post by Docsonall »

Thanks for he encouragement.
We live in Herefordshire.
My daughter has now started doing an online course and is enjoying it.
:)
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

This really isn't late - you have the benefit of having summer holidays coming up to concentrate on preparation. Don't cram too much as DD may well switch off.