Countdown to March 1st

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
FluffyCat

Re: Countdown to March 1st

Post by FluffyCat »

Red wrote:Just checked my CAF again -- I did complete it correctly :lol:
I just went online to do the same (had a dream last night that somehow DC's desired school had been changed on the form...) and can't find the form to check. Is it me?

So, having been really unstressed because DC has a place at first choice school am now worrying along with the best of you aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhh
cle1976

Post by cle1976 »

First post (been a serious lurker til now) You log onto the county council website at midnight to see what you've been allocated (use the log in details you used to fill in your caf) but e-mails don't start coming through unitl 9am tomorrow morning...I believe. I feel sick
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Thanks cle1976, I think I feel better about being able to check at midnight. Just coming back to look at this forum has brought back all of the pre and post-test anxiety I had brushed aside for a while.

A few things I need to remember, we have 4 schools on our CAF that we are happy with, we may not get our first choice, but it will be ok. DS1 was motivated enough to take the test and as parents we supported him; he will be fine where ever he goes. I have spoken to parents and children this week who are not looking at grammars, and are desperate for their comprehensive of choice - their school allocation could make a real difference to their children. I really do wish them well.

If it hadn't been a leap year it would all have been over by now and I only have to do this twice more!

Hoping for the best for you all, and a gentle reminder to your children, when they go into school tomorrow there will be children who have not had good news. Please be mindful of these children and parents - I have seen some awful things at the school gates before now.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

cle1976 wrote:but e-mails don't start coming through unitl 9am tomorrow morning...I believe.
The empasis there should be on 'start'. I remember not getting my email until well into the afternoon on 1st last year, as they seemed to have quite a slow email engine (and a lot of emails to send). Of course, we'd got our letter on 28th so knew anyway, and I'm sure I also double-checked online on the 1st early in the morning.

If you applied on-line, still have the letter with logon details and can remember your password, you'll find that is the quickest way of finding out.
Capers
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

So not fair it being a Leap Year! Presumably results are always released on 1 March, so results are out 1 day earlier for the other three years.
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to everyone. The wait is nearly over.

Especially thinking of veebee, sarajtb, lemmy & totallygutted as I know you are in the same situation as me and my DD.
Red

Post by Red »

Echo that -- good luck everyone :)
willow_catkin

Post by willow_catkin »

I remember not getting my email until well into the afternoon on 1st last year
OMG I don't think I can stand the wait - and being in a neighbouring county I cannot log on at midnight - I can see I will have to wait until I get the email before coming on here as I am not sure I could stand the suspense otherwise ...

anyone got a TARDIS or a De Lorean?
Amber

Post by Amber »

Just tried logging on to see if my password was right etc, and to see if they had by any chance been put up early, and guess what?

They haven't
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Amber wrote:Just tried logging on to see if my password was right etc, and to see if they had by any chance been put up early, and guess what?
They haven't
Wrong. The results are there, it's just that they haven't allowed parents access to them yet. [/pedant mode]
Capers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now