Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:14 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 1360
Hi all, we visited Marling last night and come out thoroughly convinced we'd made the right choice. How did anyone else get on?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:26 am
Posts: 722
That's reassuring Stroudydad. I felt the same after DD's new parents evening. My friend's son is in Y9 at Marling and loves everything about it :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:32 pm
Posts: 4
DS1 just finishing yr7 at Marling, and he has loved every day.
Bounces into school each morning.
Great school, best choice we could have made. Just got to get DS2 in now!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 1360
wurzalglos wrote:
DS1 just finishing yr7 at Marling, and he has loved every day.
Bounces into school each morning.
Great school, best choice we could have made. Just got to get DS2 in now!



Know that feeling, dd wants to go to the high school next year, but she may struggle to pass test as although just as bright as ds1 she is very slow and methodical,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 1827
Location: Gloucestershire
stroudydad wrote:
Know that feeling, dd wants to go to the high school next year, but she may struggle to pass test as although just as bright as ds1 she is very slow and methodical,

I'd recommend that you buy some practice tests from this site, either paper or computer based, and work on getting her speed up.

I'm sure many bright children pass without finishing the papers by getting all the ones they did answer correct.

_________________
Capers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 1360
Thanks Capers already on it. She is exactly like those people, hardly ever gets a question wrong and there's plenty of time yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:32 pm
Posts: 4
stroudydad wrote:
wurzalglos wrote:
DS1 just finishing yr7 at Marling, and he has loved every day.
Bounces into school each morning.
Great school, best choice we could have made. Just got to get DS2 in now!



Know that feeling, dd wants to go to the high school next year, but she may struggle to pass test as although just as bright as ds1 she is very slow and methodical,


She'll be fine with a bit of practice I'm sure. Speed is fairly easy to get right as long as they have the ability. Good news about your DS getting in. Tough year by all accounts!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:08 pm
Posts: 5
I too, came away feeling that we'd made the right choice. It was a good event. Not looking forward to uniform shopping!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 70
Location: Gloucestershire
DS1 is at Marlng, starting year 8 at September. He was not keen on going to grammar, didnt like the extra study, but now loves the school. We could not have made a better choice.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016