Positive Vibes from the Crypt

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Crypthopeful

Positive Vibes from the Crypt

Post by Crypthopeful »

I can't help but pick up on all the positivity surrounding this school at the moment. 'Outstanding' Ofsted, investment in facilities and infrastructure (and more on the way!) and the general sense that this is a school very much on the 'Up'. I think the number of new students from Cheltenham and surrounding areas, suggests that word is getting out there about just how good this school is. This is all great for new and existing students, but wonder how its success could inpact upon those kids now trying for a place in the Gloucester areas???
DC17C

Re: Positive Vibes from the Crypt

Post by DC17C »

I must admit to trying to sell Crypt to my son who seems convinced he wants to go to Tommies. ( we do live in Gloucester and DD is going to Ribston in Sept)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The name is a bit off putting imho ... I wondered what this thread was about! :lol:
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Ha ha! If you didn't know, it would be one to avoid! My brother was astonished when u said DS had chosen to go to the Crypt next year!
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Guest55 wrote:The name is a bit off putting imho ... I wondered what this thread was about! :lol:
Where is that "like" button?
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

mmm I have to agree, "Tales from the Crypt" type spine chillers always came to mind when I first heard of the school!
However, that said I liked it when we looked round and I am glad they are doing so well. DC17C Crypt would be handier for your Ribston travel arrangements wouldn't it?
Orson

Post by Orson »

Positivity re The Crypt has increased more over the last year or two than re any other Glos grammar school.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

..if we had been staying in this country without a doubt I would have chosen to send my younger DSs to Crypt not STRS.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Just thought I would add to this thread rather start a new one -that Mr Standen sent out a letter to parents today stating that the Crypt School had been assessed at "Exceptional" in a day long inspection of Competetive Sports provision. This is apparently above " Outstanding" i have never heard of this grading before is it new?

DS is unlikely to be a competive sportsman but the school does seem to be suiting him so far and he is enjoying rugby as well as most of the other subjects and aspects of the school.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Realise my last post was a tad blunt and could be read by future members. Recent changes at STRS would once again allow me to consider the school should the need arise. :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now